BMW 318ti compact
Several BMW 3 series company cars
Lexus IS200
Audi A6 3.0 Tdi
Audi A6 3.0 BiTdi (current)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Having had a brief add up of what i have spent on cars over the years, and what i think i got for them when i moved them on, i have spent circa 58500 on cars, and got 4750 back. So i am down 53750. Flipping heck.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
Having had a brief add up of what i have spent on cars over the years, and what i think i got for them when i moved them on, i have spent circa 58500 on cars, and got 4750 back. So i am down 53750. Flipping heck.

Youre pretty lucky with those figures. I would hate to think what I've spent and lost. The last one alone was 71k 🙈🙈

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do love cars, just never had enough money to go mad

First car: Triumph Dolomite - lovely car when I got it (one old lady owner), unfortunately aquaplaned it into a very solid road sign on a roundabout one very wet & slippy night. Never drove the same after that and once it got broken into in a car park one night, it never felt the same (stole my cheap stereo with separate graphic equalizer, expensive rear speakers & my tapes - they left the mixtape though)

Then had a succession of old Mini's (3) with big exhaust & Wellers - great fun. My brother never understood why I loved them until he used the last one for a few months while I couldn't drive after a knee op - he found out how much fun they were!

Then got a Mini Cooper (old shape), still with the big exhaust - not that reliable and HID hated driving it, so when finances dictated that we went to a 1 car family, that had to go. It was a sad day seeing/hearing that drive off for the last time.

Worst car was the next one. Inherited HID old Micra until that was written off - best thing about it was the bigger stereo & alloys that I chucked on it.

Got a Renault Clio after that - loved that, like a little go cart (as usual, put nicer alloys on it). Only got rid of that last year, now have a DS3, love the looks and the nice little touches inside & out - no cup holders though, don't understand that.

Not a great history but have tended to keep my cars as long as I could really - you build a bond with them!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Bit of a mixed bag for me. Run my own and had company cars over the years.

Worst cars: Rover 820, Honda Civic 1.6 estate, Fiat Strada

Best cars: 325d M Sport chipped to 250bhp, Mini Cooper SD chipped to 220bhp, Vectra GSI, Golf GTi

Also loved a couple of XR2's, Rover 214SLi, Golf GTD

Currently driving a Volvo XC60 which is a big bus but very comfortable, safe and has a cracking stereo which is always turned up to 11 when I'm in it on my own :D

xcore

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm currently on my 56th car not including work vans
highlights include
mk3 golf vr6
mk2 golf vr6
several corrados
classic Impreza wrx x2
205 gti 1.9
nissan s14a 200sx
renault 11 turbo
fiat uno turbo
circa 400bhp Audi s4
and my current 65 mgb roadster

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ive had 3 cars with my first being the best by miles. It was an 02 1.6T Focus, when i bought it in 2014 it had 12k miles on it, bought it off my mates grandad who had driven to asda and back twice a week for 12 years.

Cried when I drove it into a hedge and it was irreparable. I then got what can only be descrbed as a "Poo Brown" 53 plate corsa and that was a pile dog manure.

Ive got an Astra now, 59 plate but its going shortly. Me and the missus are looking at a Seat Ateca, been for a test drive in it and its lovely.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
So far got two 2nd hand, first was a Mitsubishi colt 1l, ran until almost 10 years old and sold to WBAC.

Still on the 2nd, 4 door, 5 year old Yaris.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a couple of Dogs and a few belters.

Only started driving at 25

Fiesta zetec S Tdci
Saab 9-3 vector 2.0
Civic type r 2.0 vetec
Mondeo ST 3.0 v6
BMW e60 550i 4.8 v8 - beast
Audi A3 2.0 s line - current
Audi S5 Sportback - awaiting delivery

Think the Saab was the worst in terms of reliability. Everything just fell apart on it.

Type r was just a horrible drive IMO.