World Handicap System (WHS)

Swango1980

Visit site
Just looked at my best 8 from last 20 scores and number 20 is included which will be deleted after Saturday which is a Stableford Comp..

My HI at present is 18.4 and number 20 has the following from EG App:- score 92, Course22, Slope133,Handicap Diff. 17.8, Course Rating 71.1.

Can one of you WHS experts tell me what Stableford points I need to keep the same or improve and would it be any different if a Medal. A breakdown of the calculation would be appreciate.

Thanks
If you are losing a score of differential of 17.8 from your best 8, you'll want a score that at least matches that to stay the same, so that will replace it in your top 8. It depends on what tees you are playing from in terms of what that actual score needs to be. If the same tees, then likely 92. But, it also depends what the PCC was on the score you are losing, and what the PCC will end up being on Sunday. If you have a bad score, look at the scores (score differentials) in your current worst 12, as the best one of those will end up replacing the one you lose.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the past if I played an ‘away’ course in an Open there was a CSS for Home and Away players.

Is there still going to,be a differential with a playing Condition Calculation being in evidence which in the past invariably meant a higher CSS for away players?

From memory of when we had the original briefings I think not because the WHS effectively makes it a level playing field as far as handicaps are concerned.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have a Greensomes next week. 40% lower plus 60% higher course handicap. Are the individual resulting figures worked out to a whole number then added together or as before worked to 1 decimal point, added together and THEN calculated to a whole playing handicap number.

Hope this makes sense.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a Greensomes next week. 40% lower plus 60% higher course handicap. Are the individual resulting figures worked out to a whole number then added together or as before worked to 1 decimal point, added together and THEN calculated to a whole playing handicap number.

Hope this makes sense.
CH for each player calculated to whole number.

Last edited:

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Just looked at my last 20 scores and I'm on my way to a big increase. The next figure to be replaced is far and away my best score and as it currently stands will be replaced by a score 12 shots worse. To add to that, my next 3 scores contain two more of my top eight. I am looking at a 4 shot increase unless I can get my act together over the next couple of weeks.

NearHull

Visit site

Hope this makes sense.
Isn’t it 40% of higher and 60% of lower?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just looked at my best 8 from last 20 scores and number 20 is included which will be deleted after Saturday which is a Stableford Comp..

My HI at present is 18.4 and number 20 has the following from EG App:- score 92, Course22, Slope133,Handicap Diff. 17.8, Course Rating 71.1.

Can one of you WHS experts tell me what Stableford points I need to keep the same or improve and would it be any different if a Medal. A breakdown of the calculation would be appreciate.

Thanks
Also it depends upon your ‘next best‘ of current 20. If there is another nearly as good as the one you are to lose then your HI might not go up sufficient to impact your CH regardless of what you score in your coming WHS qualifying round.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Having had 3 comps, and higher handicappers dominate them all (winning 2 board comps), our competition secretary is now considering having handicap limits in comps.

I have persuaded him not to do this, we need to see how this system pans out and settles down. But, would be interesting to see if WHS has any impact on the handicap of players that typically win comps, compared to pre WHS.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having had 3 comps, and higher handicappers dominate them all (winning 2 board comps), our competition secretary is now considering having handicap limits in comps.

I have persuaded him not to do this, we need to see how this system pans out and settles down. But, would be interesting to see if WHS has any impact on the handicap of players that typically win comps, compared to pre WHS.
We've gone to "Have to have played in 5 or more Club Comps" in last 12 months to win Board Comps. On the 1st year of it so don't know how successful it is.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Used the Clubv1 /HDID app for signing in and hole by hole score entry. Numbers and prompts to use nice and large but prefer the EG one. Signed off with verbal agreement on scores and added to EG app instantly. Just waiting for HI increase overnight ?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used the Clubv1 /HDID app for signing in and hole by hole score entry. Numbers and prompts to use nice and large but prefer the EG one. Signed off with verbal agreement on scores and added to EG app instantly. Just waiting for HI increase overnight ?
Can't understand why my EG App hasn't got that facility of adding scores entering Casual Rnds etc