World Handicap System (WHS)

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I got a reply from WHS about my missing scores and scores off the wrong tees

Regarding wrong tees - they said it was fixed so I sent a screen shot from their website showing it wasnt - no reply yet

Regarding missing scores (7 rounds) I was told they were all NR's - however the three comps from Jan/Feb/March were all stableford - surely they can be included - just with net double for a blobbed hole - there was an adjusted gross score for these in the system before

Its only cos I am a bit of a golf nerd that this irritates me - should just let it go but with so many cards missing my Index is currently based of only 3 cards and therefore will be volatile as I get back to 20 in total

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Possibly although on the graph that is also shown, the green line denoting the index is under 8.

Same here, Top number is showing 11.9 and the detail below/line is 12.0 (there's a bigger variance with my old mans numbers!)
My current theory is the main number is showing the HI from the end of 2019... is that true for you?

But this is all just minor details.... our slopes etc are still wrong. Lucky we don't pay for this.... oh hang on

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Has anyone had an explanation re missing NR's? I have 4 scores missing that should be in my last 20, all NR's in Singles Medal comps

I got this from Gemma at WHS ....

Hi Scott,

We have checked the tees and these now appear to be correct, in regard to the missing scores these where NR, which have been excluded due to the system not receiving any scoring data.

Regards
Gemma

...which is bobbins as several were stableford comps where you have the odd blob but count to handicap - at least did under CONGU!!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I am still not able to log in, but I know that of my 11 rounds I only have 5 without a single NR. That could explain my much lower index than expected. Not unhappy about it, as they are my more recent rounds and a fairer view of where I am. Looking forward to try and log in.

But I can see on my IntelligentGolf app that they removed the congu and are trying to connect to WHS now, so there is some progress at least.

jonfSAOLGC

Visit site
I got this from Gemma at WHS ....

Hi Scott,

We have checked the tees and these now appear to be correct, in regard to the missing scores these where NR, which have been excluded due to the system not receiving any scoring data.

Regards
Gemma

...which is bobbins as several were stableford comps where you have the odd blob but count to handicap - at least did under CONGU!!

So I assume club need to enter scoring data for system to work out adjusted gross. These missing scores don't affect my new index, from my calculations, but surely should be in my last 20 to better reflect my current ability...or lack of

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
has anyone who played a comp over the weekend had that score added to whs or is it just mine that's missing?

....what are the chances?

Under the old system, you played poorly, you knew 0.1 was coming your way...play very well, a cut appeared. Any issues, you knew who to ask. Now?? The Office/Handicap Committee will offer up some version of a well worn line from Little Britain, and have no idea what to do about it.

Maybe it'll sort itself out... one day

Last edited:

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes there is and you can find a video on youtube on how to use it. You must be at the course to start the process at it time stamps entry to ensure you register before the round an not after.

Just remember (at this time of the year in particular) the courses must be in qualifying rounds condition e.g. no more than 2 temporary greens ( Bit frustrating I was going to one today and we still have 3 such greens), if your course has a winter course set up it must be a measured course.

Not on any winter restrictions, but intended on putting a 9 hole score in as the back is brutal, but this morning but was frosty so decided against it, was 2 over gross front 9. Sod’s law and that. Overheard a few visitors setting off on our other course pre registering.

Last edited:

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does the new system still base your score on Stableford points as Congu? For example if you had no shot on a Par 4 and you missed for a 5 you could pick up for 0 points and record a 0 on your score return.

With WHS if you record a 0 on a par 4 now does it go down as a double par 8? If so does this mean you need to finish out holes in a stableford comp even if you can't score?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does the new system still base your score on Stableford points as Congu? For example if you had no shot on a Par 4 and you missed for a 5 you could pick up for 0 points and record a 0 on your score return.

With WHS if you record a 0 on a par 4 now does it go down as a double par 8? If so does this mean you need to finish out holes in a stableford comp even if you can't score?

It will put in an adjusted score for WHS purposes of net double bogey, so same as 0 points.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Aa per Ethan

You make pick the ball up at any hole where you know you can longer score a point based upon your Course Handicap and not your Playing Handicap

Twice the par is for Initial Handicap purposes only.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone else show a different index at the top of the screen and then underneath My Scores?

My headline figure shows 8.2 but the latest index under My Scores shows 7.6.

When it was first on the WHS portal it was an indicative index only and the headline figure and the one against individual records was different.
Comps in October had not yet gone on to the WHS site and for a while. These even though transferred were not in the calculation until a day ago

Mine now matches.

IanMcC

Visit site
Comps in October had not yet gone on to the WHS site and for a while. These even though transferred were not in the calculation until a day ago

Mine now matches.
I don't think my one comp after October 4th will ever see the light of day. It had a couple of NR holes.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think my one comp after October 4th will ever see the light of day. It had a couple of NR holes.

Just checked my October comps and there are no hole scores recorded on the WHS portal just the adjusted gross so at least it is working in Stableford comps.

It will be interesting to see what happens now we are WHS live.

Mind for me that means sometime next April as that is the earliest date at which we stop making all our comps Stablefords.