Work this one out????…....

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Been with Vodafone for about fifteen years. Have two phones, (mine and the wife's), and broadband with them.
Due to problems with my current phone I went to upgrade handsets via their website. It involved an early upgrade charge of £82.00 but was prepared to swallow this to put and end to the problems with the current handset.
Declined the request due to adverse on my credit record...
Experian gives me 999 points out of 999 saying I have an excellent credit record, and I have never missed a payment in my life.
Came into work this morning and put a credit application in with Peugeot finance on a £10k with no deposit, just to see what happened.
Automatic acceptance within 20 seconds.
As I say, I have been with Vodafone for ages and have upgraded many times over the years with no problems at all!
?????

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Save yourself the trouble Smiffy and pick any of the other providers that are out there, struggle to think of a more annoying company to deal with when things go wrong than vodafone

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been with Vodafone for about fifteen years. Have two phones, (mine and the wife's), and broadband with them.
Due to problems with my current phone I went to upgrade handsets via their website. It involved an early upgrade charge of £82.00 but was prepared to swallow this to put and end to the problems with the current handset.
Declined the request due to adverse on my credit record...
Experian gives me 999 points out of 999 saying I have an excellent credit record, and I have never missed a payment in my life.
Came into work this morning and put a credit application in with Peugeot finance on a £10k with no deposit, just to see what happened.
Automatic acceptance within 20 seconds.
As I say, I have been with Vodafone for ages and have upgraded many times over the years with no problems at all!
?????

Sod the early upgrade ... Buy out your contract (which should be similar cost) and take out a new contract somewhere else save yourself the cash

Do it all the time about 18 months into my 24 month deal I find I get the best value for my current phone that covers the upgrade charge

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Vodafone are the worst phone company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with.

I'd take the opportunity to get out of there and try somewhere else.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would definitely be asking them to recheck the credit rating and explain why.

You do realise that in any future credit request you have to declare this refusal so if it is an error it worth making sure it is removed from your history.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I would definitely be asking them to recheck the credit rating and explain why.

They are not allowed to tell me why they have refused me credit. Their stock answer will be that I would need to check with Experian or Equifax to find out what is affecting my credit score.
The fact that I've already checked with both, and both show that my score is "excellent" will be water off a ducks back to them.
I upgraded the wife's phone with them about 6 months ago, no problems whatsoever. None. Nothing has happened to my credit score since then.....
Have just checked my credit score again with the countries leading agency... this is what it reported, which makes it all the more puzzling.

"Your score falls in the range of scores, from 800 to 850, that is considered Exceptional. Your FICO® Score and is well above the average credit score. Consumers with scores in this range may expect easy approvals when applying for new credit".

Something's not right...........:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are not allowed to tell me why they have refused me credit. Their stock answer will be that I would need to check with Experian or Equifax to find out what is affecting my credit score.
The fact that I've already checked with both, and both show that my score is "excellent" will be water off a ducks back to them.
I upgraded the wife's phone with them about 6 months ago, no problems whatsoever. None. Nothing has happened to my credit score since then.....
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did you take that mortgage holiday offered for free last year? Wasn't suppose to affect people but it did in end apparently

But then as u say you got your wife's phone fine

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Did you take that mortgage holiday offered for free last year? Wasn't suppose to affect people but it did in end apparently

No I didn't Paul. I took a mortgage "holiday" years ago, (when I was between jobs), which did affect it at the time, but as I say that was yonks ago (about 15 years) and has disappeared of my credit report now.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Dont confuse, not allowed to tell you why, with your rights to know what public (ie credit data/ccj) data they used.

Tell them you wish to make a formal complaint over their use of incorrect data. You have rights if they are holding what you believe to be incorrect data on you.

This is covered under several acts, and there is an ombudsman you can involve.

But the first stage is the formal complaint. For £700 is is worth it