EE. Utter Rubbish Customer Service

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Have my Mobile and broadband with EE and have no problem with the service I get from them.
We used to be with Vodafone for our mobiles, but as the EE signal is better at home we are gradually migrating away from Vodafone to EE.

Eldest daughter 22 , just graduated and got her first job, said she wanted to have her own phone contract, thus relieving the pressure on Dads wallet.
Go to EE says I, so she did

This is where it goes pear shaped
Because she has left Uni without an overdraft, doesnt have a credit card, runs her bank account in credit and has managed to live within a tight budget for 4 years, she doesnt have a credit history, so guess what....They refused her a contract, utterly bonkers

Tried to phone EE to discuss, but this query isnt on their list of pre record options, so they cut me off.

Flippin stupid system

Going to try the Twitter Route

Not happy GRRR

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had same problem when we came back from NZ, no credit history. Set up two accounts through Mother in Laws name for EE with me as named account administrator, was also able to set up DD for bills too, so persevere they will do it for you eventually

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Have my Mobile and broadband with EE and have no problem with the service I get from them.
We used to be with Vodafone for our mobiles, but as the EE signal is better at home we are gradually migrating away from Vodafone to EE.

Eldest daughter 22 , just graduated and got her first job, said she wanted to have her own phone contract, thus relieving the pressure on Dads wallet.
Go to EE says I, so she did

This is where it goes pear shaped
Because she has left Uni without an overdraft, doesnt have a credit card, runs her bank account in credit and has managed to live within a tight budget for 4 years, she doesnt have a credit history, so guess what....They refused her a contract, utterly bonkers

Tried to phone EE to discuss, but this query isnt on their list of pre record options, so they cut me off.

Flippin stupid system

Going to try the Twitter Route

Not happy GRRR

The phone cutting off is obviously not ideal.

But, a loan company (effectively what mobile providers are) not offering a deal to someone with no credit score is hardly a shock..

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cancel your contracts immediately and save yourself a lot of pain. I had to go to the ombudsman to win in a dispute caused by a EE customer support agent lying about changes to my account. They were utterly useless and constantly denying any wrongdoing.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Computer says no. And it stinks.

Daughter was with a copper a good few years ago who got them into massive debt. They split up and she had to pay half. Dad/me helped her out and because I said I would pay half, the scum companies tried playing hardball and said for the slate to be wiped clean they wanted the full amounts owed. Not half. I told them to do one. Half or none and chase that loser up for the other half. Eventually they did. Her credit rating after that was abysmal. For her to then get loans, the interest was atrocious. There reasoning was, well your a bad risk so we're gonna hammer you. Really helpful they were.
I sent a letter to the PC planks boss telling her what he had done ( for the second time). They sent one back not interested. So I sent one back about leopards and spots and this prat being a public servant. A couple of years ago daughter was pulled into office asking her to testify against said copper plank coz he had stepped over the line once to often. She told them they had there chance years ago, it was now there problem not hers.

Good luck with it.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Computer says no. And it stinks.

Daughter was with a copper a good few years ago who got them into massive debt. They split up and she had to pay half. Dad/me helped her out and because I said I would pay half, the scum companies tried playing hardball and said for the slate to be wiped clean they wanted the full amounts owed. Not half. I told them to do one. Half or none and chase that loser up for the other half. Eventually they did. Her credit rating after that was abysmal. For her to then get loans, the interest was atrocious. There reasoning was, well your a bad risk so we're gonna hammer you. Really helpful they were.
I sent a letter to the PC planks boss telling her what he had done ( for the second time). They sent one back not interested. So I sent one back about leopards and spots and this prat being a public servant. A couple of years ago daughter was pulled into office asking her to testify against said copper plank coz he had stepped over the line once to often. She told them they had there chance years ago, it was now there problem not hers.

Good luck with it.

Jeez Tash, Your life story should be made into a film, more plot twists than Eastenders and Peyton Place put together :) :) :)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Giff Gaff is the answer, I struggle to exceed the £10 p/month and I live on the phone :thup:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Jeez Tash, Your life story should be made into a film, more plot twists than Eastenders and Peyton Place put together :) :) :)

Tell me, my exact thoughts on said story cannot be put into words as an infraction would surely follow. She keeps bumping into PC plank through her job, and he makes her skin crawl. Ave just told her taser him. Yer kids have to learn but you don't like seeing them suffer.

my list of crap companies to avoid.
Car phone warehouse / talk talk. They Got the debt collecting agency in when they screwed up.
Vodaphone, they let daughter run up a £250 bill in five weeks, when we specifically asked if she could exceed her £20 monthly bil. They said no she cannot.
Vauxhall, had me pants down time and time again with a brand new Corsa VXR Arctic. God I loved that car.
man Yoonited. No reasons required.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Virgin and iD are pretty good.

I'm with iD and it's been great so far,amazing VFM.

Wife is going virgin, together saving us £25 a month for a better deal.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Car phone warehouse / talk talk. They Got the debt collecting agency in when they screwed up.

I can't stand Talk Talk. I had a flat a few years ago and when I moved out I phoned, emailed and wrote to them to tell them I was moving out on a certain date. Got confirmation verbally, by email and by letter that the phone and internet would be stopped on that date.

Six months after moving out I got a phone call from them telling me I owed them several thousand pounds for an unpaid phone bill from calls to Eastern Europe made after the date I had moved out. The new tenants had moved in and found that the phone was active so they were using it to call home in Poland.

I told them I'd moved out before the date the calls were from but they kept chasing me. After a week of getting calls from them 2 or 3 times a day I told them to stop harassing me and if they called me anymore I would be charging them for my time, which at that point was £350 per day or part thereof. The calls carried on for another two weeks and then I got a call from a debt collection agency threatening to take me to court. I simply asked them to write to me with the court date and I'd see them there.

I went to court with copies of the original email and letter from Talk Talk confirming that I was moving out as well as the date, time and name of the person I'd spoken to for every call I'd received, which by then was 5 pages of printed A4. I sat and listened without saying anything while the debt collection agency solicitor laid out their case. Then when I was asked what I had to say I simply handed over each piece of paper one at a time and then put in a claim for expenses for two weeks of my time at £350 per day. The judge laughed them out of court and I got over £5k in compensation.

I still occasionally get them coming to the door trying to get me to switch. My reply is normally "I wouldn't sign up with you if you were the only company available and paid me to take your service and if Mrs Colch signed up with you while I was away at work I'd divorce her". They normally leave fairly quickly after that.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The story with talk talk and carphone warehouse was as follows. If you signed up to carphone warehouse/ talk talk you got a nice dell laptop for a nice cheap price. Paid for over six months. This was in October with first payment in Nov by DDebit. November comes and goes, nothing taken out of bank. Into carphone warehouse and were told its nearly Christmas and there's a back log. Dec comes and goes, same Christmas story. January comes and goes. It's the January sales there's a massive backlog. Gets to March, and still no payment taken. Eventually were told not to worry they will take the payment. April comes and we have a nice letter arrived from Glasgow. From a debt collecting agency. Apparantly we had not paid a penny for this laptop and not answered any letters. Said heavyset wanted full payment plus a couple of hundred smackers for there trouble. mr and Missis T went down to carphone warehouse and asked what the hell was going on. Turns out that the goldfishes tuppence had put our street address down as our town, so no letters ever arrived. I was that livid with the planks I got them to ring the Scotish heavies there and then and tell them that they had screwed up. The letters were because the same thick dildo had put down the wrong account no so they could not take out the money. We paid in full and then tried to cancel talk talk. Only that's not that as easy as it should be. Talk talk take over the responsibility of the line and you had to pay them £100 for thrive large to move. Robbing gits.
In Asda on me Monday big shop and a nice young lady asked me to rejoin Talk Talk I told her " there's more chance of me singing country road take me home". She said "we are a really nice company now". Really love