Vodafone bother.. disconnected my contract

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Back in August 2012 I had an early upgrade from my old phone to my current S3. I wasn't due an upgrade at the time, and had another 2 months to go before I became eligible for one but having thrown a hissy and threatening to quit when my contract came to an end in January this year they relented and gave me the S3 on a new tariff. The new tariff was applied and I got my phone.

All was will until Friday when I lost all service. Thinking it might just have been a glitch on the network, I waited to see if it would resolve.. it didn't.

On Saturday I went to my local Vodafone shop and explained that my phone wasn't working and that I couldn't send or receive texts, make or receive calls or access mobile data. The guy went through some diagnostics, swapping SIMs and trying my SIM in another phone before concluding that the issue was account-related.

He pulled up my account and found that the only registered phone at my address was the phone I have for my wife, and that my number was no longer associated with the account. In fact, my number didn't exist and had been cancelled altogether!

I got on the phone to Vodafone who told me I'd have reconnection within 24 hours. Well, those came and went as we were getting pumped 3-2 at Hampden, so i phoned again, to be told another 24-48 hours. I'm a bit pig sick of Vodafone now; I've had past problems with them and this is the final straw.

I'm now wondering what my rights are as a consumer. I agreed at the time of the upgrade to a 2-year extension on my new tariff with Vodafone back in August, but it seems to me that my original cancellation request hasn't been removed and so has over-ridden the new contract, and I'm now without any contract at all. I also have a 6-month old S3.

Would I be within my rights to tell them to shove the reconnection, give me a PAC code and take my business - and the phone - elsewhere without charge? Its my view that its their fault this cancellation has been processed, and as far as their records show, my contract expired as of the approximate date of expiry of my previous contract, and not my new one which appears to have vanished. My latest bill only shows a part-month's usage and charges for my phone also.

Cheers for any help and advice.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If they have cancelled out your contract then you have a new handset FOC by the sound of it.
Not sure if a PAC can be retrospectively requested but even without that I would go for a cheap SIM only deal and use the S3.
Doesn't sound like they even have a record of you having the S3 so wouldn't worry too much about that.