Woodlands Manor (Kent) closing?

Wolf

Visit site
Be a shame if it does close played my first ever club junior match there and my first ever junior open have good memories of the place.

From what I can see they're advertising vacancies for Cook, Bar Staff, General assistants, both an assistant and part time green keeper as well as a new Pro.

Seems to be a lot of vacancies in one hit to be advertising for at one club, so must have had something happen that's caused a loss of a lot of staff.

Wolf

Visit site
Heard this week that Pedham Place just off the M25 is probably going quite soon.
There is a big bit surrounding this one though, I know there is a proposal in place for 2,500 homes to be built at Pedham Place which is supposed to include the surrounding sporting facilities and mentions they'll try to grow the golf business but doesn't say if the course in its entirety will remain or if it will just become a range or reduce course as the plans do highlight the course as part of the building area, but I haven't looked at that to indepth, they're also suggestin building a further 750 houses at the adjacent crockenhill.

Pedham is right near where my kids live so I know the area really well and often used the range there when dropping them home.

But from the plans I've seen it's not conclusive if the houses will take over the course or if they're going to try and put them all in the adjacent former landfill site, though it doesn't look good for the club itself, but I don't think they have much in way of a membership so if it does fold it won't be a huge surprise and there are other possibly better run options in the local area than that.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
There is a big bit surrounding this one though, I know there is a proposal in place for 2,500 homes to be built at Pedham Place which is supposed to include the surrounding sporting facilities and mentions they'll try to grow the golf business but doesn't say if the course in its entirety will remain or if it will just become a range or reduce course as the plans do highlight the course as part of the building area, but I haven't looked at that to indepth, they're also suggestin building a further 750 houses at the adjacent crockenhill.

Pedham is right near where my kids live so I know the area really well and often used the range there when dropping them home.

But from the plans I've seen it's not conclusive if the houses will take over the course or if they're going to try and put them all in the adjacent former landfill site, though it doesn't look good for the club itself, but I don't think they have much in way of a membership so if it does fold it won't be a huge surprise and there are other possibly better run options in the local area than that.

I took over our society this year, contacted pedham to arrange our November meet there and was told they weren’t taking bookings that far in advance.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I always understood that Pedham place was owned by Paul Tory who also owned Pentland Homes now one of the country's biggest housebuilders.

Wolf

Visit site
I took over our society this year, contacted pedham to arrange our November meet there and was told they weren’t taking bookings that far in advance.

Possibly because they're looking at what's going to happen with the development project first, from the little I've seen it looks like a large chunk of the land the course is on is going to be hit for redevelopment.

I always understood that Pedham place was owned by Paul Tory who also owned Pentland Homes now one of the country's biggest housebuilders.

No Idea the document I've seen from Sevenoaks Council states McMot or a name similar to that as being the 8bes putting the proposal forward and tie diagrams look like a large chunk of the land used for golf currently will be used

Wolf

Visit site
Excuse the crudeness of the screen shots,. Have to upload seoerately due to image size, but these images show what the course is currently, the idea of the plans and what roughly will be left after, possibly looks like going down to a range and 9 holes.

Screenshot_20190118_180944_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Wolf

Visit site
I'm not sure what was redeveloped there never actually played it but used the range plenty of times as mentioned before, but looking at those plans being put forward its a huge chunk of land to lose, as my guess would be it would suffer further so surely would only be a matter of time before the whole thing was redeveloped.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was talking about woodlands rather tan pedham.
Wasn't that long ago, pedham were still considering a second course there.

Bit grim for golfers in that area especially if redlibbets goes too.

Wolf

Visit site
Was talking about woodlands rather tan pedham.
Wasn't that long ago, pedham were still considering a second course there.

Bit grim for golfers in that area especially if redlibbets goes too.
Misread that then sorry, wasn't aware of issues with Redlibbets are they struggling. I do keep seeing lots of cheap deals for them. had many a putting challenge as a junior on that putting green