Woburn March 2012

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
a truly superb hole.....Robs picture no.7 shows our group in the distance......the other 3 went up the right and that's me....norman no mates......up the left.....probably hit my longest drive of the day......managed to hit the green in 2 and left myself an 18 foot eagle putt and walked off with a par...........:angry: visually stunning hole though...

Yea, but we're you still in it? :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What happened to Rick's group -

Told you I was a knob!
Sorry about that.
Woburn 2012 023.jpgWoburn 2012 006.jpgWoburn 2012 030.jpgWoburn 2012 035.jpgWoburn 2012 038.jpg

Fourth piccie shows that bloody stroke index 15 12th hole. Bobmac hit a beautiful drive down there, cleared the water but then carried on into the stream that goes back across in front of the green. Tough hole.

Last edited:

TXL

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
a truly superb hole.....Robs picture no.7 shows our group in the distance......the other 3 went up the right and that's me....norman no mates......up the left.....probably hit my longest drive of the day......managed to hit the green in 2 and left myself an 18 foot eagle putt and walked off with a par...........:angry: visually stunning hole though...

Billy nomates he may be, but he was left with a reasonably short shot in thanks to hitting the downslope and running an extra few yards :)
IIRC I put my second just short of the green from the right hand side with a well struck fairway wood!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
One of the holes that beat me.
Played up the right side (wrong).
We were being pushed from behind, so didn't wait to go for the green just laid up (too far short)
Pitched up short, chipped on and missed the putt

6 :angry:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to find out whose bloody idea it was to plant that big tree to the left of the green. I tried to wedge over the top of it but hit the uppermost branch and ended up carding a very miserable 7 after a nobbish 3 putt

grumpyjock

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice pics, but what about name to faces. Some are known and have been on Most Wanted, but some are new.
Love the action shots, the course looked in fine fettle.
I take it the morning dew is part and parcel of an early start.
Well done for the organisation Bob and I do hope I shall be able to play next year.

D

Deleted member 1418

You didn't like it Paul, or am I misreading that?

Like most of my putts on Thursday Gary - big mis-read! (work laptop won't let me do smileys!) Absolutely loved the place - courses brilliant and certainly matched by the lunch...................:whistle: :whoo:

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last edited:

Spiral

Hacker
Visit site
Here are some of the pics I took: enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1345_1.jpg
    IMG_1345_1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1354.jpg
    IMG_1354.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 68

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great photos Spiral - really encapsulates the beauty of the courses and the beautiful light

Really enjoyed our couple of rounds

Fully agree, some great pics, and I even made it into a couple of them. Great afternoon with yourself, Steve and Martin, even if my game fell apart.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Marquess to me was one of the best courses I had ever played, both in it's layout and it's condition (although I think it's greens were slightly shaded by the Dukes due to the small amount of top dressing they had received). A great mix of holes, some long par 4's where you really had to be on your game mixed with some shorter holes where a good drive was rewarded with a not too difficult second. I'd hate to play it off the back tees though!
I think the Dukes has the slightly tougher holes. That 4th (par 4) is a bit of a handful. I hit what I thought was a "decent" drive up there but hugged the left hand side a little too tightly. When I got up to my ball I couldn't quite see around the dogleg to the green and had to try to draw a shot around the corner. Aimed for the right hand bunker but unfortunately my ball didn't draw and I found the sand instead. Next time I'll aim a little more up the right hand side to open everything up a bit!
I think we played the best two courses though. The Duchess is a bit too tight for the more wayward hitters!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought the Marquess was the more picturesque course. Maybe it helped that we played it in the morning with the dew still on the greens and the mist still rising with the sun. There are some absolutely beautiful holes on that course. The Dukes was definately tougher, with more thinking required. Still absolutely stunning, but also brutal in places. And if you can't shape it right to left, then you may as well give up till the 17th and 18th... There are some fantastic driving holes on the Dukes, but also some real danger if you can't control the ball...

In summation, both fantastic, but the Marquess gets my vote, if only for the par 4 with the pond and streams on the back 9. I hit a beautiful 3 wood right into the heart of the landing zone, then chunked the chip to the back... Still a beautiful hole though..

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for all the photos fellas... absolutely stunning courses.

It reinforces what a crying shame it is that places like Woburn are no longer on the European Tour circuit. I used to love watching the B&H there. :(