WITB?

TigerIsAmazing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
slightly different as it's WIMB (whats in MY bag)

my WITB has very old irons, a borrowed driver and a new putter. I need new irons (I saw a set of Titleist ap2's in the sale section but cant post to ask for pictures):mmm:

My heart says buy shiny blades as they look beautiful, my head says get forgiveness but I know I want forged shiny heads as thats what I used as a kid.

Havent played for a long time so any recommendations from anyone been in a similar situation?

I probably shoot mid 80's but can do mid 70's (when I was younger:rolleyes:)

Looks are everything to me - yes I know thats shallow:rofl:

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Huds Ap2's in the fs section are mint! If it wasn't for the fact that my cojones would be on the chopping block and I would be sleeping in the shed, I would buy them..... Come to think about it, it's prob worth it ;)

TigerIsAmazing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My eye is leaning towards either Titleist (love the MB but I need to be not so stupid), or Srixon look good. Anyone tried the Callaway Apex pro? they could be on the radar as well

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tried the AP2's at the Titleist demo day at Silvermere. They look the business but off my handicap and with my swing I need the extra help of the AP1. Still tempted to get them in my bag at some stage. Like the OP I used blades as a kid (there wasn't much else about) but why make the game harder now?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My eye is leaning towards either Titleist (love the MB but I need to be not so stupid), or Srixon look good. Anyone tried the Callaway Apex pro? they could be on the radar as well

Out & about until later tonight. if you're interested in the AP2's (4 - PW) ping me a PM.

Will be hitting eBay in the next few days as I know I can get good money for them.

TigerIsAmazing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Tried the AP2's at the Titleist demo day at Silvermere. They look the business but off my handicap and with my swing I need the extra help of the AP1. Still tempted to get them in my bag at some stage. Like the OP I used blades as a kid (there wasn't much else about) but why make the game harder now?
apart from the chunkyness (is that a word) and the lack of shinyness (a word also?) I tried the AP1 and it was great fun hitting them, no thins and everyshot going almost where I intended. hmmmm

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sent my Ping 6 iron back to them today as the weight insert had come out. Not sure whether to put the TM Tour Preferred six iron as a stop gap or use it as an excuse to put the whole lot of the irons in the bag. Think I know the answer

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used to regularly take a different set of irons out for a spin. Settled down this last year and pretty much always use my 690s.

Might buy buy a set of ping shovels for next winter to stop me taking foot long divots on the soft ground.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site