Winter work at my club

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Love videos like this. Great to see work being done to keep the course looking good and developing.

Looking forward to coming and playing it! ??

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Looks absolutely brilliant, that.

I have to say this winter has really shown off which clubs near have a decent social media presence, if nothing else. I'm sure quite a few are doing work, but only 2/3 have really been showing it off. There's nothing like scrolling down your news feed and a video of a hole you know well looking the best you've ever seen it in mid-bloomin-february to make you realise how much you want to get back out!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Looks absolutely brilliant, that.

I have to say this winter has really shown off which clubs near have a decent social media presence, if nothing else. I'm sure quite a few are doing work, but only 2/3 have really been showing it off. There's nothing like scrolling down your news feed and a video of a hole you know well looking the best you've ever seen it in mid-bloomin-february to make you realise how much you want to get back out!
Most noticeable change round my track over winter (and there have been many) has been the removal of a significant tree - one that blocked a short pitch to the green if your tee shot was only slightly offline. But a tree no longer there doesn’t make for good viewing if you didnt know what is was like before ??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think there was a slight shock to some members after lockdown 2 to find some major tree work done on one hole. I and others had been pushing for it to done for years and the request for it to be done had been turned down time and time again. Course report by a professional team of course assessors and it was in the report made all the difference. I expect when we go back this time even more trees will have either been removed or seriously cut back.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Most noticeable change round my track over winter (and there have been many) has been the removal of a significant tree - one that blocked a short pitch to the green if your tee shot was only slightly offline. But a tree no longer there doesn’t make for good viewing if you didnt know what is was like before ??

A before and after would show you that though! This post from The Nevill's FB shows just what I mean. Great work, show off what the team can do and the thinking behind it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A before and after would show you that though! This post from The Nevill's FB shows just what I mean. Great work, show off what the team can do and the thinking behind it.
Troo...?. The thinking is excellent as before taking the tree out you ould be too close to the tree and have no shot to the green...often nothing available other than a chip to the side into the middle of the fairway for another short pitch onto the green. Now you have a difficult and challenging shot to the green...or play safe, play short and chip on. And I like that the course presents that sort of choice when I am out of position. Might see if I can find a before and after.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Looking good Gordon, I might have to revisit.

Ours have been removing some bunkers, adding others & we've had a tree removal programme over the last couple of years. We now need a decent growing season to cover up the inevitable work scars.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was looking forward to our Hardy League match there this year but unfortunately the season's matches have been cancelled again.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Looking good gordon, I might have to revisit.

Ours have been removing some bunkers, adding others & we've had a tree removal programme over the last couple of years. We now need a decent growing season to cover up the inevitable work scars.

How had the first hole over the road recovered so far? Think it was over a year ago that I played last and they had started the re modelling then.