Winter Mats

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have noticed this year that more courses are insisting mats are used in the first cut of rough as well as the fairways due to extensive divots at the edge of fairways.
We used to do this,but a couple of mild winters left about 8 holes the first cut was destroyed ,so the club was forced to do something about it

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lucky for you, not too many £25 green fee charging clubs would consider using mats :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, get your name down for the Addington in July. An excellent price for a very good course. Hopefully will give you a look at what some of us are on about when we bang on about Top 100 courses (and those that could be)

you got more chance of being made pope than getting tightwad to part with any extra pounds .i bet he even uses super glue to fix wooden tees that he finds on the tee boxes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
you got more chance of being made pope than getting tightwad to part with any extra pounds .i bet he even uses super glue to fix wooden tees that he finds on the tee boxes.
Some of you on here live in cloud cuckoo land. I know when you started playing in the 1930s golf was a game for posh toffs with silver spoons in their mouths but that isn't the case anymore. Some of us have mortgages and everything.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
not me though ,council scum. no silver spoon shoved in my gob ,more like the dirty end of the sh1tty stick..
grow a pair and tell her indoors that you are going to have some you time with the people you converse with on your computer.that you are going to play golf get drunk and have a proper weekend away.
or not ,dont even mention it to her indoors and just massage the bald spot where her thumb keeps pressing down on you.
.and let me know if you need anymore superglue for your teepeg pickups.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
not me though ,council scum. no silver spoon shoved in my gob ,more like the dirty end of the sh1tty stick..
grow a pair and tell her indoors that you are going to have some you time with the people you converse with on your computer.that you are going to play golf get drunk and have a proper weekend away.
or not ,dont even mention it to her indoors and just massage the bald spot where her thumb keeps pressing down on you.
You've lost me to be honest. All I was trying to convey is that being tight, and not physically having money to spend are two very different things.

Anyway this topic is about winter mats so let's leave it there shall we.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Some of you on here live in cloud cuckoo land. I know when you started playing in the 1930s golf was a game for posh toffs with silver spoons in their mouths but that isn't the case anymore. Some of us have mortgages and everything.
I think the vast majority of people on here have mortgages but everyone has the choice of how to spend their money.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site

😂 😂 😂 Love it 👍

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Used mats for first time since March playing at Inverness, was a real struggle to get used to after playing the last 3 months at Fortrose.
It’s just one of these things that has to be done in the winter months up here.