Winter Golf

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used to play no matter what the conditions were, if the course was open, then that was good enough.

Last couple of years I can take it or leave it. Mainly leave it during the winter.

Getting drenched and cold doesn't appeal to me anymore. Got other stuff I'd rather do.

I'll probably play tomorrow though as it looks mild and dry where I am. :D

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forecast up here today was rubbish but as usual it was wrong a dry day with a strong wind but glad i went out ,playing tomorrow as well

Forecast here was pretty spot on as it was expected to clear up and it did.

Had an enjoyable game - very windy but shot 74 to win the money at the roll up!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forecast here was pretty spot on as it was expected to clear up and it did.

Had an enjoyable game - very windy but shot 74 to win the money at the roll up!

Well done Karen, forecast for here was heavy rain all morning but we got nothing , the wind did pick up when the tide turned last few holes were a bit testing . Playing tomorrow and weather looking calmer

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Social Game today shot 80 in the drizzle course and greens holding up well this winter.

Need to bring the same game in tomorrow’s comp. Maybe hole a few putts as well.

nairn1967

Medal Winner
Visit site
played yesterday and today. Yesterday was fantastic first game in almost 2 weeks, flat calm and quite warm, so much so some of the guys who were teeing off the 1st when we were on 18 were in shirt sleeves.

different story today, windy and a bit of chill in the air. got in the clubhouse just as the heavens opened.

due to be playing tomorrow but not seen a forcaste

I Take it you lost another £1 today .......................

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I went out earlier today. Was miserable. Not much worse than trying to chip out of pure mud. We lasted 15 holes in the rain and sacked off the last three.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Howling here all day. Not playing in that rubbish. Range for me tomorrow, 100 eggs shelled will suffice for this weekend.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Started to rain as we teed off and didn't stop until the 15th.

Course a bit of a bog and I played absolute garbage with a mixed set of older clubs, 8 out and 8 back for 16 total.

Lost 4 balls, three from the tee and one in a pond.

(Although I did hit a nice 7 iron approach from a cacky lie on the 17th which led to my second par of the round. :))

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Weather was supposed to be a little warmer here but the windchill put that to bed.

Celts vs Sassenachs match here, me and partner were really solid and got in after 13 holes 6&5 to leave the stinking weather behind.
Despite our point the Celts went on to win the day 11-9 overall.

We got in so early the shutters were still down on the bar!

Out tomorrow where the temperature is forecast up again. Fingers crossed as looking forward to 18 holes!

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very windy, a bit of light rain and bloody cold for today’s stableford comp.

35 points will see me in buffer again for about the 8th comp in a row, left about 4 or 5 points out there.

a balmy 9 degrees forecast for the morning so will be playing again with slightly fewer layers.....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Gusty wind and a few spots of rain but perfectly playable. Wet in places but nothing not to be expected in winter and not on the main parts of the course. Very inconsistent and rusty after not playing for a couple of weeks

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Beginning to hate winter golf. Wrapped up and feeling like Mr Blobby, mats, chunks, fats, thins and covered in mud nothing to enjoy there. Having said all that, stuck inside all week I would rather be on the course than doing anything else come the weekend.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Sitting in my living room, bay window rattling, rain running down it and I'm watching the Dubai desert classic for about half an hour before I head out to play. Lol, what a contrast! :eek:

Have an invite to go down to Dunbar tomorrow and the forecast is even worse!

Haven't swung a club in a fortnight though so looking forward to both games! :whoo:

Who's braving it this weekend?

Forecast for Dunbar tomorrow is better than today, not hard to beat mind you. Flip a coin.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Missing any form of knock terribly, even a lousy winter game. Well, not that fussed as it was looking pretty miserable today. At least another month until my back should be ready for play. Ugggh.