Winter Golf

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sitting in my living room, bay window rattling, rain running down it and I'm watching the Dubai desert classic for about half an hour before I head out to play. Lol, what a contrast! :eek:

Have an invite to go down to Dunbar tomorrow and the forecast is even worse!

Haven't swung a club in a fortnight though so looking forward to both games! :whoo:

Who's braving it this weekend?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nope I'm a delicate little flower.... will head to the range later to carry on testing the new 765/965's. Can't be arsed trudging through mud anymore.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never play in the rain as a choice before starting and have often 'walked' in during a round when it has got heavy.

I never used to mind playing in the rain when I walked but using a single seater buggy it's different matter, freezing cold wet hands (even with goretex gloves it's very hard to stop the insides getting wet), water getting down the back of the trousers whilst sitting, wet backside sometimes in the best of waterproofs (even goretex does not work if you are sat down in water for long enough). Even worse since I have become a glasses wearer- the constant cleaning of the lens is a real pain and I cannot get on with contacts.

pieface

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've played weekly throughout winter and am really enjoying the challenge. Mainly been playing at Ramsdale and the course has been in great condition for the most part, most of the time I've been playing the par 3 course and apart from a few muddy patches it's been fine

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hopefully playing tomorrow, I've had a cold (man flu) for the last few days so hoping will feel fit enough by the morning. I played last sunday but got snowed off after 9 holes, pity as I was playing better than I have in ages, fingers crossed the form will continue tomorrow.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sitting in my living room, bay window rattling, rain running down it and I'm watching the Dubai desert classic for about half an hour before I head out to play. Lol, what a contrast! :eek:

Have an invite to go down to Dunbar tomorrow and the forecast is even worse!

Haven't swung a club in a fortnight though so looking forward to both games! :whoo:

Who's braving it this weekend?
I was supposed to go to Dubai to watch the golf .
My mate was taken I’ll so we cancelled gutted as it’s crap weather here today.
Forcast ok tomorrow so will play then.
played all winter course has been great.
Working on my game trying to get back in cat1 is my goal this year currently 5.9 so really working on the 80 yds and in.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’m watching the golf, I’m not going outside today as I had the bug that’s done the rounds and has led to really bad asthma.
Not being able to breathe makes golf difficult.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just got back from the course, only played 16 as it started coming down horizontal. Cold wet windy and muddy. Not enjoyable in the slightest, roll on spring.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played yesterday and today. Yesterday was fantastic first game in almost 2 weeks, flat calm and quite warm, so much so some of the guys who were teeing off the 1st when we were on 18 were in shirt sleeves.

different story today, windy and a bit of chill in the air. got in the clubhouse just as the heavens opened.

due to be playing tomorrow but not seen a forcaste

Rudders

Visit site
I think I've managed to play our 9 hole course twice and 13 holes on our 18 hole course since November! Lack of motivation has been a killer this winter. I have however had a couple of lessons recently, so trying to get back on the range regularly and just bought myself a Blast Golf sensor and booked a 2 hour SAM Putt Lab session/review, so that should motivate me to at least do some putting practice at home in the warm!

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
Nope I'm a delicate little flower.... will head to the range later to carry on testing the new 765/965's. Can't be arsed trudging through mud anymore.

This ^^^^^^.

Absolutley choking for a game but winter rules have no appeal to me . Not played on a course since mid November and won’t do till mid March . Driving range once a week will do me for now .

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forecast up here today was rubbish but as usual it was wrong a dry day with a strong wind but glad i went out ,playing tomorrow as well

D

Deleted member 15344

This ^^^^^^.

Absolutley choking for a game but winter rules have no appeal to me . Not played on a course since mid November and won’t do till mid March . Driving range once a week will do me for now .

I can understand people not playing because of weather etc but not playing because of winter rules ?! Which rule is it that stops you from playing ?

Played today - was a bit rubbish back nine after a steady front 9 - I’ll try and play any day provided the rain is slashing down. Got to be better and more social that just hitting balls down a range

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played today and the weather was hideous. Think the course would’ve been closed if it hadn’t of been for the Captains Drive-in Comp today.

Played quite nicely though. Well and truly happy with my 40 points!

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
I can understand people not playing because of weather etc but not playing because of winter rules ?! Which rule is it that stops you from playing ?

Played today - was a bit rubbish back nine after a steady front 9 - I’ll try and play any day provided the rain is slashing down. Got to be better and more social that just hitting balls down a range

No fairways from Nov 1st at my place or failing that a mat ( which I can’t use ) .Numerous temp tees and greens . Winter golf just isn’t natural at my place . I can hit balls at the driving range and not get soaked into the bargain .

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Steady rain all the way round for the 12 holes we played today. Played with a lad I've not played with before and good to meet new folks although suspect he thinks i'm a rubbish putter as I missed 3 6 footers and we lost the match :D . Carried just the half set which was a first for me in the rain and coped quite well with the MacWets .

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played foursomes knock out match, and we got knocked out.:(Fortunate with the weather as rain started just after we got back. Haven’t played home course this year, but despite all the rain it was in good nick with no surface water.

Really nice to get back on the course after the flu bug. :thup:

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
20 points out and a rubbish 16 coming back in.

Wind was blowing my ball side to side on the putting green, had to mark it put it down and play it quick!

This winter seems to be lasting forever