Winter Golf Hat

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
I'm looking for a new hat that will stay on my head and not move (ride up) that will cover my ears and keep my head warm without causing my head to sweat like I've been out in the tropical jungle. Can anyone suggest one please.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a beanie with a 'built in' visor. Available with or without a thermal liner from a discount store near you.

Or you could try a standard visor hat that has drop down ear flaps

001.JPG

Robin Hood

Visit site
A Deerstalker
Tie a lovely bow under your chin - sorted.

I have a woollen bobble hat that Maid Marion knitted for me - warm and stylish.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the Sealskinz waterproof beanie, but in all honesty it is extremely warm under there, so only to be used when it's like 5° or below really. Plus the sizes come up small so you have to get a size bigger than you need. I've not really sold it that well have I. Yeah don't get that one.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Avoid anything with beanie in the title. They are just irritating, always riding up and not staying in place. You probably need to go for a good old fashioned bobble hat, a golf course is one of the few places you can get away with wearing one as a grown adult :D.

I have a bobble hat and an adidas woolly hat, not a beanie, that I found in one of their outlet shops. Cracking hat, doesn't ride up. Similar to this one https://www.excell-sports.com/adida...MIlr_lrv3D5QIVibPtCh1KKAzdEAYYASABEgLz__D_BwE

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Avoid anything with beanie in the title. They are just irritating, always riding up and not staying in place. You probably need to go for a good old fashioned bobble hat, a golf course is one of the few places you can get away with wearing one as a grown adult :D.

I have a bobble hat and an adidas woolly hat, not a beanie, that I found in one of their outlet shops. Cracking hat, doesn't ride up. Similar to this one https://www.excell-sports.com/adida...MIlr_lrv3D5QIVibPtCh1KKAzdEAYYASABEgLz__D_BwE

nothing wrong with walking the dog in the bobble hat!!!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive a Galvin Green waterproof hat that has a fleece lining and ear flaps. wasn't cheap but well worth it, stops your head swating like bugger in the normal Gortex hats, but still keeps you warm and dry