Winter golf....absolutely pointless...tell me otherwise.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Winter greens really sharpen up you short game, particularly if the grass is long around the greens. Mind you GPS becomes a bit redundant and a laser comes in to it's own.
Just do not get serious about putting.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you think golf in the winter is pointless, you are missing the whole point of golf.

If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never play.

Yep!

Ultimately golf is a challenge and you take on the course and conditions that get presented.

On the other hand Richart summed it all up pretty well earlier!

D

Deleted member 16999

Getting out in the fresh air, and out of the house. Playing with mates, plenty of chat, not taking golf too seriously, food and drink afterwards. Yes totally pointless.:whistle:
This, just this :thup:

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah winter greens are meh as are many courses generally in the winter

Winter golf can be fun though, poses an interesting challenge

Personally some of the most enjoyable games have been on a crisp still winter's morning... nice feeling once you've walked a couple of holes and the body's warmed up

Rather that than autumnul wind/rain and a course covered in leaves

It's what you make of it really... and the company of course

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you think golf in the winter is pointless, you are missing the whole point of golf.

Am I really, uncut miles forward tees, a flag stuck in the middle.....somewhere and freezing cold, seems I'm not alone then cause our course was very quiet today compared to say....err...last week.

Today just reminded me that winter golf is not for me, if it's for you and everyone else on here, woopdee doo for you, I'd rather walk the dog, and I don't have a dog.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No winter greens, still measured course, we had a load of rain in the night & morning but course holds up well.

Where do you play to be on winter greens already?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am I really, uncut miles forward tees, a flag stuck in the middle.....somewhere and freezing cold, seems I'm not alone then cause our course was very quiet today compared to say....err...last week.

Today just reminded me that winter golf is not for me, if it's for you and everyone else on here, woopdee doo for you, I'd rather walk the dog, and I don't have a dog.

Winter golf where you play does sound pointless tbf, thankfully at my course it's pretty much like normal golf unless frozen :thup:

Even then it's about getting out for a laugh with mates

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Where do you play to be on winter greens already?

Dundee, it was zero degrees at 7am, 3 at 9am and our course is parkland where quite a number of greens don't get much sun at this time of year due to low sun, tall trees.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dundee, it was zero degrees at 7am, 3 at 9am and our course is parkland where quite a number of greens don't get much sun at this time of year due to low sun, tall trees.

you could go to support one of the local football teams but then again playing to winter greens might be a better option.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
you could go to support one of the local football teams but then again playing to winter greens might be a better option.

I'd rather shove a hot welding rod up my nether regions than go see any of that lot.

Last edited by a moderator: