Win or hole in one?!!

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
I should be over the moon!!
Played a league match at Woodhall Spa today, played quiet well and were 2 up at the turn, still 2up with 2 to play, lost the 17th, then had a nightmare on the 18th and my partner unlucky with her putt so the result was halved the match. Our club won overall 21/2 11/2, on top of this I got a hole in 1 on the 5th ...... but I still feel really disappointed! Not winning and playing the 18th so badly when I'd played well most of the game. 🙄 I definatly would have swapped the hole in one for a win!!

D

Deleted member 25172

Your team won. Enjoy your hole in one I’d say. Congratulations!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Played a league match at Woodhall Spa today, played quiet well and were 2 up at the turn, still 2up with 2 to play, lost the 17th, then had a nightmare on the 18th and my partner unlucky with her putt so the result was halved the match. Our club won overall 21/2 11/2, on top of this I got a hole in 1 on the 5th ...... but I still feel really disappointed! Not winning and playing the 18th so badly when I'd played well most of the game. 🙄 I definatly would have swapped the hole in one for a win!!

So where's my pint? :(

Congratulations Jan. (y) :D

D

Deleted member 17920

Missed this Jan.

Congrats, what a great hole to get a hole in one.

Only the best players get a hole in one on that hole, welcome to the club :)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

Agree. I've never had a hole in 1 - but I'm sure I will at some point.

But ultimately it is one good shot - and there's plenty of people who had a hole in one with a poor shot & lucky bounce. I personally would be very disappointed to get a hole in 1 like that .

Playing good shots under pressure in a competitive match is very satisfying.

Wolf

Visit site
There's confidence for you! Plenty of people play for 50 years and never get one..
My dad has been playing since he was 23, he is 73 next week never had one. I've never had one either and I'm not really bothered whether I get one or not, yes it's be nice but I'd rather win the match 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My dad has been playing since he was 23, he is 73 next week never had one. I've never had one either and I'm not really bothered whether I get one or not, yes it's be nice but I'd rather win the match 😂
Yeah, I'm really not that desperate to get a hole in one like some seem to be. If it ever happens I'd probably just start laughing. Winning a match is an actual attainable goal you can focus on, I don't think getting a hole in one is.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your team won, so that’s the important thing. I would take the hole in one anyday in this situation, but if it were an individual comp, it would be the comp.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
There's confidence for you! Plenty of people play for 50 years and never get one..

Fair enough - but there's 2 holes at my club - a mid iron and a wedge that I will give myself loads of chances at every year.

Obviously it still might never happen, but I don't worry about it. Was very close last month where it had a great look and must have been 2 inches from the hole at one point and was like a 1 foot putt.

If I had the option of getting a hole in 1 every couple of years or getting down to a below average handicap at some point I'd much prefer to be a lower handicap.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congratulations on the HIO AND for contributing to the team score.

In terms of being disappointed why should you be ?

My long term memory = Matches won - Not a clue, HIO - I know exactly !!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
WAY TO GO LUCKY LADY , (y) a hole in one is a very rare animal ,take all the plaudits going for getting one [or two in your case]
I had a key fob with an inscription that read "may the good lord grant afore my golfing days are done
that i just once score a legitimate hole in one "
I have lost the dam thing now so probably will never join your very exclusive club ,well done girl .(y)(y)(y)