WIN great Callaway and Odyssey prizes in our golfers' survey!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Afternoon all

we are running a short (circa 10mins) survey to get some insight into what type of golf content you most enjoy and as an incentive to take part we have over £1400 worth of Callaway and Odyssey prizes to give away via a prize draw

The survey covers all area of content (not just the magazine) and we want to hear from you even if the forum is the only way you interact with GM....but if you are a mag reader then I'd really appreciate any extra feedback/comments on individual pages/sections - just type them in the free text box below the images (make sense when you see the survey) or alternatively please do email me direct michael_harris@ipcmedia.com with your extended views

here is the link to the survey and make sure you enter your details at the end to go into the prize draw

www.thissurvey.com/golfmonthly2014

thanks in advance for sharing your views - your insight really does shape what we do across print and online

Mike

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just completed it.

It really is quite disconcerting when you fill out which brands of clubs you have owned in the past. I was sure it was not as many as it turned out to be.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've not read the magazine recently, the reason for which I wrote in section 3:

Fewer tips and more articles on golf courses and clubs, golfers/caddies interviews and biographies, the tours, etc.

Trouble is, from memory, most publications are full of reviews and tips/hints, which is, I'm sure, putting me in the minority.

It's been a while since I've seen a copy of GM, though, so maybe some of this exists?

That said, if there was a subscription offer that gave away premium balls, a voucher for AG, Direct Golf or the like to the reported vallue of some of the other giveaways that have accompanied the magazine (£40/50), or even a free round of golf at one of the more affordable top 100 courses, then I would subscribe.

I may very well do so for Christmas though, so one of the above for Nov or Dec would be great.

I then continued with the survey and discovered that a lot of what I wanted was actually in the magazine. So I then felt the need to answer questions with "read regulalrly" and a comment, "Didn't know this was in the magazine. Would always read though, so have answered as if I did.

Hope that doesn't skew my anwsers oddly, Mike. I am seriously consider subscribing now, having seen the new content.

I'm going to set up a couple of polls to see how many people read the tips, and how many people would buy or subscribe if the magazine's main cover focused less on player tips (how to hit it like Rory, Get pro distance, Putt like a God, etc.) and more on History of the Ryder Cup, Player Interviews; the real stories, Throwback to links golf, etc. cos I can't believe I'm a minority of 1!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Simon (and indeed any non readers)
if you email me your home address I'll gladly send out a couple of recent issues FOC so you can (hopefully) be tempted into taking out a subscription

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I've not read the magazine recently, the reason for which I wrote in section 3:

Fewer tips and more articles on golf courses and clubs, golfers/caddies interviews and biographies, the tours, etc.

Trouble is, from memory, most publications are full of reviews and tips/hints, which is, I'm sure, putting me in the minority.

It's been a while since I've seen a copy of GM, though, so maybe some of this exists?

That said, if there was a subscription offer that gave away premium balls, a voucher for AG, Direct Golf or the like to the reported vallue of some of the other giveaways that have accompanied the magazine (£40/50), or even a free round of golf at one of the more affordable top 100 courses, then I would subscribe.

I may very well do so for Christmas though, so one of the above for Nov or Dec would be great.

I then continued with the survey and discovered that a lot of what I wanted was actually in the magazine. So I then felt the need to answer questions with "read regulalrly" and a comment, "Didn't know this was in the magazine. Would always read though, so have answered as if I did.

Hope that doesn't skew my anwsers oddly, Mike. I am seriously consider subscribing now, having seen the new content.

I'm going to set up a couple of polls to see how many people read the tips, and how many people would buy or subscribe if the magazine's main cover focused less on player tips (how to hit it like Rory, Get pro distance, Putt like a God, etc.) and more on History of the Ryder Cup, Player Interviews; the real stories, Throwback to links golf, etc. cos I can't believe I'm a minority of 1!

I see it that there was a greenfree voucher and a £20 off foremost golf in this months subscription pack. Also GM have given away £20 vouchers for Direct Golf in the past, which I used to get a SLDR Mini Driver. Also most of the subscription offers come with a dozen decent balls, I think it was Bridgestone B330 RXs when I subscribed.

So assuming you'd buy some balls anyway so you've saved yourself the price of a dozen balls you'd buy, and if you use just one of the vouchers or the green free voucher, then you've just about got your subscription money back. Plus you get the magazine every month.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Simon (and indeed any non readers)
if you email me your home address I'll gladly send out a couple of recent issues FOC so you can (hopefully) be tempted into taking out a subscription
Can't say fairer than that, Mike. Many thanks, as always for the generosity! Email sent.

Hackerkhan - I must have missed some of those offers, but I'm now always looking at the top banner to see what subscription offer is. The Mizuno one is interesting, and it suggests worth more than £50, which is great.

Will await a couple of back isues before launching in.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I see it that there was a greenfree voucher and a £20 off foremost golf in this months subscription pack. Also GM have given away £20 vouchers for Direct Golf in the past, which I used to get a SLDR Mini Driver. Also most of the subscription offers come with a dozen decent balls, I think it was Bridgestone B330 RXs when I subscribed.

So assuming you'd buy some balls anyway so you've saved yourself the price of a dozen balls you'd buy, and if you use just one of the vouchers or the green free voucher, then you've just about got your subscription money back. Plus you get the magazine every month.

plus you get a subscribers edition and you get it before it hits the shops and cheaper:thup: no brainer

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My only issue is the way the subscription is presented. My mum buys me my subscription for xmas but has often commented that there is nothing to actually 'give' as the present. Maybe a box with a GM pitchmark repairer and ball marker with a subscription or renewal, just something that can be handed over on xmas/birthday or whatever. It may sound twee, but surely I am not the only one who gets the subscription as a present and not the only one with a mother who likes something to wrap and hand over.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
What happened to the 55-64 age band ?:mad: Only asking in case Smiffy wants to complete the survey. I ticked the much younger band.:whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

My only issue is digital subscribers miss out on the free gifts that are found with a new magazine

D

Deleted Member 1156

What are the prizes Mike? I'm not giving up 10 minutes of my time for some piece of tat ;)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My only issue is digital subscribers miss out on the free gifts that are found with a new magazine

Whilst I agree, I would possibly say that the digital subscription is also slightly cheaper, some of which would be the saving of not having to print copies of the magazine, but this must just be part of the deal of receiving the digital copy. I could be wrong though!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Whilst I agree, I would possibly say that the digital subscription is also slightly cheaper, some of which would be the saving of not having to print copies of the magazine, but this must just be part of the deal of receiving the digital copy. I could be wrong though!

actually looks more expensive to me. I've never understood digital being more expensive as there are no printing/packaging/distribution/retailer costs and every copy is literally that, a 'copy'

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm not actually sure what the difference in price is ?

But my OH has a subscription for another mag and the free gifts are still sent to her

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It's midnight, I spent ages doing it and missed the bit where I put my details in for the prize draw! :smirk:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Answered it honestly , Fairly positive mostly

one negative for me ...i believe the forum page is now lost in its new location but hey ho we lucky to be getting a page