Wilson Staff

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
As clubs they are no better nor worse than any others. Big advantage for those who dont get sucked into the marketing blurb is that they offer better value than many of the others, not pumping so much of the price tag into paying top rank players, psuedoscience club 'technology' development, or paying marketing people to dream up eye catching magazine or TV adverts. So certainly a very sensible choice for those not happy to give their money away to show they have been mugged by the brand value.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
They went through a bad spell for a while but have brought out some nice stuff last few years, I personally bought the WS c200 irons at the start of the year as an upgrade to my taylormade speedblades and there a very good iron set, I'm not to sure about the hybrid but the new range of drivers get some good reviews, also more majors have been won with Wilson than any other brand so not frowned apon, there isn't much diffrence between the brands out just now they all play similarly its just down to what you like

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play the FG Tour M3 irons and love them. Not a fan of the woods mind. Looked hard at the Infinite South Side putter but the old Yes putter is back in the bag now and won’t be leaving. Good value for money products Wilson Staff.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Aye forged mb irons, when I bought my c200s they only had the reg KBS shaft when I tried and demoed the KBS stiff he tried to to swap them for the fgv2 but as they were a 2012 club I passed but I got them to swap out the shafts and all was good but the v2s were a nice iron, like sticks said your get a whole lot more for your money with no diffrence in performance

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I play with Di9 irons and love them, I also have an old Fybrid 21* hybrid which is good as any out there! WS is still a fantastic brand based on quality

D

Deleted member 1147

I believe that more majors have been won with Wilson Staff clubs than with any other brand

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Agree - a brand that flies under the radar and as such their products are good value. I just love their balls from the premium FG tour to the best budget balls DX range

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe that more majors have been won with Wilson Staff clubs than with any other brand

I like this stat, I first heard it 5 or 6 years ago, so wasn’t sure if it was still true.

Clearly that record won’t last forever as I’m sure most of their wins were in the 70s/80s/90s - did Faldo play with Wilson staff clubs?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I used the FG TOUR TC control forged wedges are they are on par if not better (for me) that the previous mizuno they replaced. Also a lover of the DX3 ball. I did come very very close to buying s set of FG 62 blades but the shafts were a little too stiff. I’d happily bag their irons but I’m out on their woods

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Haha! Brilliant!

Where do the likes of TM, callaway, titleist come?

I'm not sure I had a look but can't find anything but Nicklaus won all his majors with MacGregor tom Watson was ram tiger was Nike so I think the major wins using Wilson have been spread about the players which for me make them more successful

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wilson 61 majors next below is MacGregor 59

It's a fun stat but not relevant today. They don't feature on modern leader boards and haven't for some time.

Saying that, I agree with what others have said. Solid brand selling good gear at affordable prices. Not sexy because they don't pay millions out to leading players but that doesn't mean their gear is not good.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recent stuff is made by a totally different company tot he one that made all the forge stuff back in the day.

If the modern stuff is good enough for Harrington to win majors with ......

I would even rate some of their low end stuff like the Prostaff range.