Wilson Staff

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
And thats why they don't feature cos they don't pay the millions to the tour pros to use there equipment Garcia gets over 20m per year to use callaway Taylormade pay out over 210m per year to tour pros to use there equipment, id imagine titlest, ping, pxg do the same, and we pick up the tab by buying £700 irons and £350 drivers that preform just ast good as 10 year old equipment at a fraction of the price

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The damage was done when Wilson staff launched the Wilson brand aimed at entry level players like the FATSHAFT and deep red.

Their budget brand tarnished the credibility of the high end stuff

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
The damage was done when Wilson staff launched the Wilson brand aimed at entry level players like the FATSHAFT and deep red.

Their budget brand tarnished the credibility of the high end stuff[/QUOTE

Yeah they were took over by another company that made some massive cuts to there budgets and I think they had another take over in 2010 that brought the fg range and now the c and d range of irons there seem to be on the way up,

D

Deleted member 1147

It's a fun stat but not relevant today. They don't feature on modern leader boards and haven't for some time.

Not entirely fair on Harrington - 3 majors in the not too distant past, and creeps in with the occasional win here and there nowadays.
Didn't Lagergren have a Wilson irons in the bag when winning last weekend?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am a big fan. Have the tour F5 driver and C200 irons in the bag as well as a bean putter and use DX2 balls. Would happily look to replace other elements of the bag with Wilson Staff gear. Quality is good and the prices even better.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not entirely fair on Harrington - 3 majors in the not too distant past, and creeps in with the occasional win here and there nowadays.
Didn't Lagergren have a Wilson irons in the bag when winning last weekend?

Harrington was the flaw in my argument although he is coming to the end of his career now and only fleetingly hits the leaderboard now. Great career though.

My point really was that Wilson have not been a consistent major player at the highest level for some time, in comparison to TM, Ping, Titleist, Callaway etc,. Their haul of Majors is mostly historic, apart from Harrington's 3 of course :D. The reasons why have been covered already, I am not putting the brand down.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They are an underrated brand and I think the winner on the ET last week was a Wilson staff player. Not totally relevant I know but I think Rick Shiels was/is playing them and gave them a great review. I think their irons are getting better release on release but never been a fan of their drivers. That said, I did have a set of irons in the 90's with the fat shaft.

Moquillo19

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I miss my Fat Shafts. Sold them for 75 quid when I fell for the new iron technology gumf! I'm thinking of selling my current irons and buying a set of fatties off some poor golfer that's making the mistake I did! :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am a big fan. Have the tour F5 driver and C200 irons in the bag as well as a bean putter and use DX2 balls. Would happily look to replace other elements of the bag with Wilson Staff gear. Quality is good and the prices even better.

Your signature is completely out of date then! :D