Wilson Staff D-Fy irons

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just bought a set of brand new Wilson Staff D-Fy irons from a well known auction site. These are the new models with the half graphite/half steel fused shafts.

I say a set, I got them cheap at £100 beause hybrids are not included leaving only the 5-PW (plus free 56deg TW9 wedge).

They should suit me as I'm a high handicapper who is used to graphite shafts to aid my slow (ish) swing. I'm using Wilsopn fatshaft 2's with the hypercarbon 535 shafts at present.

Has anybody had any experience of them as all I can find are magazine reviews but no 'real golfer' reviews around.

Thanks, Kevin

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Kevin.
Just looked through your bag as it is a habit of mine.
Interesting at the long end
9 deg driver
20 hybrid (3 iron ish)
5-PW

Have you got any plans to buy more?
A 3 wood and 24 hybrid perhaps?

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes as mentioned I do plan on adding to the kit.

I've found that I've been doing fairly well without them so far as I've simply changed my approach to each hole to suit my kit.

My reason for changing my style is that for some unknown reason I'm having trouble giving it the beans off the tee box with a 5 iron.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That was my concern Kevin. Have you thought about for going with a higher lofted driver, say 11 or 12 deg or just adding a 15 deg 3 wood?

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is a consideration, and had thought of the 15 deg fybrids

I didn't want to get a driver with a higher loft since I am getting on really well with it. I'm hitting a consistent 230-240 yard drive down the middle of the fairway.