Wilson Staff C300 Forged

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was just wondering does anyone use these, or even seen, swung or demo’d a set? They look gorgeous and I could be very keen but haven’t seen any in the flesh yet

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
I tried them out when I went for a fitting and decided on the The FG Tour V6 irons instead.

The C300's felt great, but due to the stronger lofts and the design of them they hit the ball way too far for me.

I hit my 7 Iron 165-170 on a good day, but the C300 7 iron was carrying 200yds, I would have had to by 3 extra wedges to fill the gaps :)
They would be perfect for someone struggling for distance as they are very easy to hit! oh and they do look good too.

I am seriously considering getting a C300 4 Iron to use as a driving iron off the tee.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hit my 7 Iron 165-170 on a good day, but the C300 7 iron was carrying 200yds, I would have had to by 3 extra wedges to fill the gaps :)
They would be perfect for someone struggling for distance as they are very easy to hit! oh and they do look good too.
What the hell?? Are they laced with rocket fuel??

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry what I meant to type was did you hit the C300 Forged or standard C300 Irons, didn’t think the lifts were that strong in the Forged version

Yeah it was the c300 forged I hit, 3 degrees stronger than standard lofts if there is such a thing nowadays

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
Jus thought I would provide an update on this in case anyone was interested, with the other thread on driving Irons.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Wilson Staff C300 forged 3 Iron to use as a driving Iron with the intention of replacing my 3 hybrid in the bag. It goes that far, I have instead removed my 3 wood and kept the hybrid as that keeps the gapping better :eek:oo:.

It's tough to tell carry distances as with the weather I have played predominantly on baked fairways this month, but looks like the 3 iron will be staying in the back.

I would definitely recommend the Wilson Staff C300 forged irons to anyone who struggles with distance! I have a set of the Fg Tour V6 irons which are also awesome and although forgiving can still shape them when needed (or not :D)