Wilson DX2 Soft

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone play these balls? Any good?

Can get 3 dozen for the price of 2 on them but struggling to find many online or YouTube reviews

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Decent general purpose ball.
Lots use them
Very soft, decent distance, don't expect masses of spin - but they're not too bad on that front.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Great for putting in my opinion and cheap. I lose a few so was playing lake balls but at the price they are I can play brand new and not be gutted if I lose a sleeve on the front 9 😂

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would try one out on a putting green if you can. Some love them, but I found them very soft off of the putter and couldn’t get on with them.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I would try one out on a putting green if you can. Some love them, but I found them very soft off of the putter and couldn’t get on with them.

Yeah they are very soft, which is just how I prefer them, but it is a matter of taste

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
This is what really counts! Most balls are pretty much of a muchness elsewhere, but putting is where 'feel' really counts!

From memory, I tried some of these a while ago and found them pretty alright. AD333 Soft, on the other hand, is (still) like putting with a chunk of earwax!

I'm still using (down to my last box I think) Srixon Distance that I got loads of for about £6 or £7/box. Between those and the 'better' ones I find, I hven't needed to buy balls for a couple of years. AD333 Tour or NXT Tour (especially the Yellow which feels marginally harder than the White) are my 'favourites' though.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
feel nice and soft off every club, took a carrier bag full of them on my trip to the range at NairnDunbar last weekend.

felt so nice i almost went and picked them up and had another go ;)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep, nice ball & nice feel to them.

Not bought any - only used coloured ones that I've found. Just love the orange ones - but intrigued as to how the hell someone could lose a ball that is quite so fluorescent?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not for me but golf balls are a personal taste thing. Some people will like how they feel (I find too spongy off the putter). My advice to the OP would be to try and find a sleeve of three somewhere before shelling out and make sure he likes them