Wilson Duo Professional ball

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
these arrived last week and tried one this morning .

a few of us have been testing low compression balls recently, with the Callaway supersoft being The favourite but the main problem with those is the lack of spin, though they do go a decent distance in cold conditions.

they performed pretty well and did spin a bit and didn't go bounding on with chip shots. felt Ok off all the clubs and putter. need to try them a few more times but initial thoughts are good.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've not seen any in stock. I asked at Silvermere a fortnight ago and they didn't have any (assuming they hadn't been released) so may try AG tomorrow. It's a ball I've been interested in hitting as it's a 3 piece so similar to the AD333 tour I've been using

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
another game with one of these today in better conditions. was 7 deg here so the best day so far.

off then tee felt good and got reasonable distance, i would say the same as the supersoft. with all the course changes we are on winter greens on all but 10 holes but the greens were were on saw a little bit of spin.

also noticed a definite higher ball flight than i usually hit, which would suggest the ball is spinning a bit more.

jury will still be out until we get to firmer conditions , but happy with them so far

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Another round with these today , definitely spin more than the other soft ball I've been using. Possibly a bit shorter off the tee than the supersoft, but makes up for that with stopping power.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting to hear your comments. Are you confident that the ball is definitely giving extra spin alone or is it also the extra receptive greens at the moment? I got some spin a few times today and that is not normal 😄. I know you allowed for that before on a previous post but it must be hard to judge a ball at the moment.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting to hear your comments. Are you confident that the ball is definitely giving extra spin alone or is it also the extra receptive greens at the moment? I got some spin a few times today and that is not normal 😄. I know you allowed for that before on a previous post but it must be hard to judge a ball at the moment.
Most balls will give more spin than the Cally supersoft!

That a ball that sets out to provide more greenside control does so is hardly surprising.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our pro shot has the Cally ERC in stock so going to get a sleeve tomorrow to try alongside the Supersoft and see what happens. At the moment, I think most makes will stop on the greens as they are receptive and a good shot will always spin

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Most balls will give more spin than the Cally supersoft!

That a ball that sets out to provide more greenside control does so is hardly surprising.
meant off the driver.
Even the ss has been spinning off the mat, but took to the side and dropped today and the greens were a bit firmer after a weekly dry warmweather . Next round I will try it vs a prov 1 , that will tell me if there are any distance gain.