'Wide' Trolley Wheels

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am due to play a league fixture at Southwick Park later in the season and was having a look at their website to get a view of the course etc. During this I noticed their trolley policy which stated trolleys must have wide wheels - think this applies at all times. I am sure I have noticed this on quite a few other courses as well.

I currently use a clicgear rovic which has wheels (about 2" wide) which are about half the size of my original pull trolley as do a lot of the newer push trolleys and was wondering what people think is a wide wheel. Also, over the winter has anyone been stopped from using their trolley due to the wheels being too narrow?

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am due to play a league fixture at Southwick Park later in the season and was having a look at their website to get a view of the course etc. During this I noticed their trolley policy which stated trolleys must have wide wheels - think this applies at all times. I am sure I have noticed this on quite a few other courses as well.

I currently use a clicgear rovic which has wheels (about 2" wide) which are about half the size of my original pull trolley as do a lot of the newer push trolleys and was wondering what people think is a wide wheel. Also, over the winter has anyone been stopped from using their trolley due to the wheels being too narrow?

I think this is quite an old thing, you wont have any issue with the trolley you have.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have been on hedgehogs most of the winter ( not sure why as I don't think they necessarily do any more good in the winter than ordinary wheels but thats a separate debate). We're not any more and I'd agree that calling the club will give you an answer and you can ask what they mean by "wide wheels"

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm not worried about not being able to use my trolley, after all summer is in the way and the courses will be nice and dry😀
my question is more to do with manufacturers making wheels thinner which may make clubs more likely to ban them in wet conditions. It is almost like the DMD makers that put features that are non conforming, just doesn't make much sense to me