wide fairways course north west

bruss49

Visit site
hello all,

Being prone to a bit of slicing and hooking between us, we are looking for any courses in the north west that have fairly open fairways for a bit of forgiveness.

any suggestions would be most welcome.

many thanks

D

Deleted member 3432

hello all,

Being prone to a bit of slicing and hooking between us, we are looking for any courses in the north west that have fairly open fairways for a bit of forgiveness.

any suggestions would be most welcome.

many thanks

Can't recommend mine then....

Very nice if you like heather, gorse and wind.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I work near Blackburn and we tend to take beginners to a place called Oak Royal Country Club, it's a little 9 holer but with 2 different tee for each hole to turn it into an 18 holer. Really nicely kept little course and quite compact, which means if you slice or hook you just end up on adjacent fairway playing up, so no real punishment.

bruss49

Visit site
I work near Blackburn and we tend to take beginners to a place called Oak Royal Country Club, it's a little 9 holer but with 2 different tee for each hole to turn it into an 18 holer. Really nicely kept little course and quite compact, which means if you slice or hook you just end up on adjacent fairway playing up, so no real punishment.
Thanks for this, very helpful

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
You will really struggle to get on most courses in the area on a Saturday (especially morning), members comps.
Maybe have a look on GolfNow for special offer tee times, and availability.

Crumplezone

Visit site
As soon as we get a bit of rain (as we have her on the Fylde Coast), Staining gets like that. North Shore in Blackpool would be worth a look as thats wide and forgiving, but again suspect you won't be able to get on Saturday morning.

I've never known it to be bad before. I'm sure I must have actually played it the middle of winter too. I know now though!