HFH History

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As the HFH day has been announced for 2024, was thinking back and trying to remember the years and courses we have visited thanks to Rich and his teams hard work. Can someone try to list all of the courses against years and also, how many HFH have people attended? I think I have missed 2 (those being the initial 2) but might be wrong?!

Pretty sure courses we have been too include : West Hill x 2, Camberley Heath (not sure?!) , Blackmoor (twice?) , North Hants, Hankley Common, Hayling Island, Tandridge.......

Can someone list the whole lot and against the years and how many have others played in?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Liphook one year too.

Think I have done:
Hankley Common
Hayling Island
Blackmoor
Bearwood Lkes
Liphook
Camberley Heath

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
2010 Luton Hoo
2011 Luton Hoo
2012 Blackmoor
2013 West Hill
2014 North Hants
2015 West Hill
2016 Camberley
2017 Hankley Common
2018 Liphook
2019 Tandridge
2020 Bearwood Lakes
2021 Blackmoor
2022 Hayling
2023 Hankley Common
2024 West Surrey

Not many played in the first two at Luton Hoo, but since then we have had at least 80 play in the rest. Record was 103 at West Hill

Hopefully some good memories

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
2021 Blackmoor
2022 Hayling
2023 Hankley Common
2024 West Surrey

I've played in these three editions, plus will be playing in this years barring any disasters.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2010 Luton Hoo
2011 Luton Hoo
2012 Blackmoor
2013 West Hill
2014 North Hants
2015 West Hill
2016 Camberley
2017 Hankley Common
2018 Liphook
2019 Tandridge
2020 Bearwood Lakes
2021 Blackmoor
2022 Hayling
2023 Hankley Common
2024 West Surrey

Not many played in the first two at Luton Hoo, but since then we have had at least 80 play in the rest. Record was 103 at West Hill

Hopefully some good memories
Thanks Rich, what a list of great courses and more importantly some great memories. My first one was 2013 at West Hill, when my fellow Palace fan ChrisD secured the win...........I still remember the 4hr journey home as we ran though his round shot by shot :cool::);)

Great that we navigated Covid as well. I do remember the Bearwood trip and it was a all a bit sanitiser and leave the flag in nonsense, but I do recall it was just great to all get out for such a day after the lockdowns etc.

West Surrey is a new course for me, so looking forward to that. H4H is a great day, get involved if you can!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Done all of them apart from the first two
OK played half of Tandridge due to a dodgy hernia

The worst one by far was West Hill in the pouring rain with newly tined and sanded greens
all the others have been really good, played like a knob at most of them too :)

Its the place to be

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really great memories of these -
2014 North Hants
2015 West Hill
2016 Camberley
2017 Hankley Common
2018 Liphook

just too far to go now with no one in the Leeds area to share the load.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Some great memories, and apart from West Hill in 2015 we have had some great weather. Even played a links course in sun and hardly any wind. Phew.

Hankley last year has to have been one of the best days, and we even had a substitute auctioneer swearing at the guest of honour's wife.:eek:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Some great memories, and apart from West Hill in 2015 we have had some great weather. Even played a links course in sun and hardly any wind. Phew.

Hankley last year has to have been one of the best days, and we even had a substitute auctioneer swearing at the guest of honour's wife.:eek:
To be fair he swears at everyone so it would have been rude to leave her out....

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks Rich, what a list of great courses and more importantly some great memories. My first one was 2013 at West Hill, when my fellow Palace fan ChrisD secured the win...........I still remember the 4hr journey home as we ran though his round shot by shot :cool::);)

Great that we navigated Covid as well. I do remember the Bearwood trip and it was a all a bit sanitiser and leave the flag in nonsense, but I do recall it was just great to all get out for such a day after the lockdowns etc.

West Surrey is a new course for me, so looking forward to that. H4H is a great day, get involved if you can!
I am glad someone else had a blow by blow account of the round.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There are so many great stories surrounding the H4H days, the curry nights before, the evenings after and the hosted rounds in the days before and after. The tremendous effort put in by the organisers year after year. And, sadly, the passing of several forumers too.

One of my stand out memories was of a curry night before the 2013 H4H. I guess you had to be there to see the humour. We were just about finished, only the bill left to pay. Kraxx(Stuart) went off to the boys room, and those round the table decided to hide wherever we could in the restaurant. Finding a place to hide Blue in Munich was no mean feat. Kraxx came back to an empty table apart from a saucer with the bill on it. The look on his face was priceless!

Edit; just to add, some of the (sobering) stories told by the Battleback guys that are burned into my brain.

Last edited:

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I did the first Luton Hoo one, as a member of the HDID forum which Rick was also a member off.

Three of us and my Dad played in it.
2013, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 are the other years. So missed a few when I didn't really want to play golf between '15 to '19.

Hankley Common the day after Tandridge is a day I remember fondly. The last decent course I played with my Dad.

I've played with a lot of great people on these days.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There are so many great stories surrounding the H4H days, the curry nights before, the evenings after and the hosted rounds in the days before and after. The tremendous effort put in by the organisers year after year. And, sadly, the passing of several forumers too.

One of my stand out memories was of a curry night before the 2013 H4H. I guess you had to be there to see the humour. We were just about finished, only the bill left to pay. Kraxx(Stuart) went off to the boys room, and those round the table decided to hide wherever we could in the restaurant. Finding a place to hide Blue in Munich was no mean feat. Kraxx came back to an empty table apart from a saucer with the bill on it. The look on his face was priceless!

Edit; just to add, some of the (sobering) stories told by the Battleback guys that are burned into my brain.
I played with one. Forget where. Such a humbling four hours. I'd also add in opportunities like being able to play with Peter Finch and Rick Shiels from Youtube at Camberely and with Mike Harris and a number of the GM team

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

I said "arse" when we were playing heads or tails.
If that constitutes swearing, I'm in a whole world of trouble! 😆
I've done:
2012 Blackmoor (I think!)
2021 Blackmoor
2022 Hayling
2023 Hankley Common

D

Deleted member 1147

2014 North Hants
2015 West Hill
2016 Camberley
2017 Hankley Common
2018 Liphook
2021 Blackmoor
2022 Hayling
2023 Hankley Common
2024 West Surrey

Missed a couple due to illness, but enjoyed all the others I attended.

Great company, better courses ( 😁 ), even better cause.

Thanks to Richard, Rick and all those that help with organisation before and on the day 🙌