Why do we needlocal rules G1,2,3?

yandabrown

Visit site
I've just read our long list of local rules and came across these 3 which all seem to about ensuring your equipment is conforming to the appliance lists. Why is this needed as rules 4.1a and 4.2a already state that clubs and balls must be conformant?
What am I missing?

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just read our long list of local rules and came across these 3 which all seem to about ensuring your equipment is conforming to the appliance lists. Why is this needed as rules 4.1a and 4.2a already state that clubs and balls must be conformant?
What am I missing?

I think rulefan has already spotted what's missing. :)

Steven Rules

Visit site
G-1 and G-2 preambles both include "This is recommended for use only in competitions limited to highly skilled players (that is, professional and elite amateur competitions)."

G-1 and G-3 preambles also say: "Even if this Local Rule is not in place, any [driver/ball] used must conform to the requirements in the Equipment Rules."

I'd suggest that these Local Rules are not needed at club level.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
G-1 and G-2 preambles both include "This is recommended for use only in competitions limited to highly skilled players (that is, professional and elite amateur competitions)."

G-1 and G-3 preambles also say: "Even if this Local Rule is not in place, any [driver/ball] used must conform to the requirements in the Equipment Rules."

I'd suggest that these Local Rules are not needed at club level.
Probably but yandabrown referred to "our long list of local rules" . I assumed they meant their club's.

salfordlad

Visit site
What am I missing?
They require more than just conforming, they are a more restricted set of requirements for elite competitions. I've never seen them posted at club level.

yandabrown

Visit site
OK, I think that I've got it now thank you. I went to the Equipment Rules page and there is a link to resources and the list of conforming clubs, I made the mistake of thinking that was part of the Equipment Rules but it isn't, it only relates to this local rule, it that it?

I've been told that we have to have these local rules because there might be elite competitions played at our club and that the competition can only use this local rule if we have it in our local rules. I smell b-s but have no real idea how elite competitions are run, I thought they could have whatever competition rules they felt necessary - e.g. LCP in PGAT events when it's a little damp.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
When we (the Tournament Committee) write the Notice to Players for the event, our first paragraph says that the club’s local Rules do not apply. Then we carry on with the local Rules that we want to use.
I think your olfactory is working well 🙂

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
When we (the Tournament Committee) write the Notice to Players for the event, our first paragraph says that the club’s local Rules do not apply. Then we carry on with the local Rules that we want to use.
IME that is pretty standard practice.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
OK, I think that I've got it now thank you. I went to the Equipment Rules page and there is a link to resources and the list of conforming clubs, I made the mistake of thinking that was part of the Equipment Rules but it isn't, it only relates to this local rule, it that it?

I've been told that we have to have these local rules because there might be elite competitions played at our club and that the competition can only use this local rule if we have it in our local rules. I smell b-s but have no real idea how elite competitions are run, I thought they could have whatever competition rules they felt necessary - e.g. LCP in PGAT events when it's a little damp.
Clubs are only responsible for the writing of local rules for the competitions they run. If other organisations run competitions at the club, then it is up to them to write the LRs. They may adopt the clubs, but if they do must say so in their terms of competition and may add others. I know of no club that have included those MLRs and nearly all clubs will hold elite events from time to time.