Why can I not hit my driver straight!!!!

Ricky w

Club Champion
Visit site
I've not hit a straight drive with my driver in about 6 weeks!!! I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. It a ping g15 10.5 degree with regular shaft!! It's really. Starting to annoy me because I can hit my g10 3 wood as straight as a die!! And as far as I'm concerned I'm not doing anything different!!!

Has anyone any ideas??? I'm thinking of selling driver and trying a different one!!!!

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ricky i went through the same thing for the past couple of weeks, one day perfect the next hooked everything. Last time I played was on Sunday and it was working bloody well again. Thankfully. All i done differently was slow the back swing right down and almost pause at the top of it. Just seemed to get the right rhythm and everything was clicking again. Hope it lasts :)

Ricky w

Club Champion
Visit site
No matter what I do it slices!! Weather I slow it down, speed it up or even try and close the face!! I just don't understand I've no confidence to bring the driver out!!!!

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well not sure if this is what you want to hear, i tried the same driver and found i sliced it mainly

Changed to an older G2 with blue grafolloy prolaunch shaft and the difference was 80% on the fairway

Might be the Ping shaft ?

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
The G15 is designed to draw the ball. So you must be hitting very out to in with an open face. Or something to slice one of those?

Ricky w

Club Champion
Visit site
Agree with this the G15 should be a doddle to hit and certainly not one that you should be slicing. Any chance of uploading a video of your swing?

I was actually thinking of going to the pro shop and trying a draw driver to see if that would help any!!! I used to hit my mums old g5 driver no problem!! But I changed as it was a ladies club and thought I'd be better with the g15!!!

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was with my course pro 3 weeks ago!! They change my grip and my swing and everything feels wrong and it's not helped me at all!!!

What did they say was the root of the problem though? I can assure you a slice takes a lot longer than 3 weeks to fix:smirk: dont condemn your coaches yet for it not helping or working. Have you practiced what they told you to work on or are you just going out playing on the course.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
boys! why do you automatically think its the club with its regular/stiff/wobbly shaft and offset head that causes the problem?! OP - you must have some weird out to in swing thing, not returning the head to square, or weight all over the place, or a grip or stance problem

i bet if you give your driver to the pro he'll hit it in a straight line!

its not the tool...;)

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was actually thinking of going to the pro shop and trying a draw driver to see if that would help any!!! I used to hit my mums old g5 driver no problem!! But I changed as it was a ladies club and thought I'd be better with the g15!!!

Its the shaft !

Jaymosafehands

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was with my course pro 3 weeks ago!! They change my grip and my swing and everything feels wrong and it's not helped me at all!!!

I feel your pain brother. Go see him, he'll see you hit a few balls and tell you exactly what you're doing wrong. Then comes the hard bit - changing it. I'm going through it and it feels like I'm going backward rapido, but I trust it will work.

Go have a refresher session, it will work if you trust it.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ya beat me to that one Heidi lol. Only I was going to make reference to the "tool" on the handle. But you shafted that one.:whistle:

Ricky w

Club Champion
Visit site
boys! why do you automatically think its the club with its regular/stiff/wobbly shaft and offset head that causes the problem?! OP - you must have some weird out to in swing thing, not returning the head to square, or weight all over the place, or a grip or stance problem

I'm not blaming the club!!! I know it's something I'm doing wrong!! I just can't understand why I'm not having the same problem with my 3 wood???

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm not blaming the club!!! I know it's something I'm doing wrong!! I just can't understand why I'm not having the same problem with my 3 wood???

The Driver is the easiest club in the bag to slice, trust me your swing path will be the problem, need to see a vid really

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site

cos you looooove your 3 wood! and its an easier club to hit. anything you are doing wrong with the 3 wood, you will also be doing wrong with the driver - but its an evil club and will exaggerate any probs

now - i have a tendency to slice when my swing goes lazy - it turns into an ugly out to in swing, all arms, i cant blame the club cos i know its me!

i do it with the 3 wood too - the shot might be beautiful, but when i look at the divot I've taken its pointing at the trees on the left hand side of the fairway - classic out to in swing! but the 3 wood is never going to give as horrible a shot as the driver.

so, get to the range and do a vid and post it for uncle bob to have a look at!

best of luck by the way - its an evil game which messes with your head ;)