Why are glasses so blood expensive???

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
"Why are glassses so bloody expensive???"

Because we need them. Demand usually comes with a hefty price tag. Several other things cost a fortune because we simply can't live without them. Bog roll being one of them.

Jesus where are you buying your bog roll from?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
So are they not too easy to get used to?

I've never tried them but doesn't sound like they're a fix for everyone. At the moment its reading glasses off/on etc, is that what you're back to?

I expected the nodding up and down bit but its the side to side to keep it in focus I wasn't expecting - turning the head rather than the eyes. And once it had gone out of focus sideways it was a mixture of up and down, side to side to get it back in.

Dad got on great with them, but not for me. now looking at laser treatment.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wear varifocals and adjusted to them seamlessly, I can play golf in them, but it drives me mad in the rain and wind, so I got distant contacts for golf and now wear them for all different activities and have a pair of ready readers to hand for the odd occasion I really have to read something small.

I wear the varifocals all the time when at work, they are expensive though, especially with lightweight titanium frames!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have terrible eyes and so my lenses would normally be the proverbial milk bottles but I pay for the thinner lighter versions and that's what make mine so expensive. What can you do? It's a pretty captive market even if you shop around

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There used to be a shop in Mansfield and Chesterfield called Crown opticians. They were the Danglies. There lenses were of excellent quality. Not all lenses are the same like all whiskys, cars etc etc there's cheap and there's expensive. Having said all that if you get on with cheap. It's tickety boo time.
Crown opticians which I believe was based in the North west went bust, blaming customers on buying cheap Far East glasses and the rise of cheap supermarket glasses (ASDA,TESCO), which uses cheap lenses. After my two year check up I went to ASDA, and the glasses were cheap but woeful. When you have good lenses you know you have had bad and yes I looked like a nodding donkey.
another two years later and I have these I have now and can see the space station and my ball when I have leathered it.
on top of having cheap varifocal glasses from ASDA, I had both pairs reactolite. What a massive mistake that was. Not only do they react to sunshine but also cold which I was not told about. I looked like Stevie Wonder during the winter when it was freezing cold.

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
I swear by ordering glasses online. I went into Vision Express and for my Oakley's, single vision they wanted £180 for the frames plus an additional £60 per lens! No chance, went online and found them for £90 with free lenses, they're not the Oakley lenses but are original frames, still, I don't really care! I wasn't going to pay £300 for a pair of glasses.