WHS general play round as a visitor

Haircakes

Visit site
Can someone please help me.

I often play at my friend's course as a visitor and would like to record a score for handicap purposes. It wouldn't be a problem if we could both use the England golf app, but he doesn't have a smartphone.

He can enter his general play round on howdidido terminal at the course, but is there any way that I can do the same? The last time I played there I put him down as my marker on the England golf app, but then got penalised because he wasn't able to confirm my score.

Thanks for any help or advice that anyone can give.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've often been the marker for a friend when playing at other courses, he has entered his score via his phone, I never put a card in for the round. Hasn't had an issue.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Buy a very cheap smart phone install the app and give it to him to use on WiFi only.

PS

I also thought they send a player an email so they can verify by that method.

The simplest method is to use a scorecard and return it to your home club for them to add it to the portal or (I believe) notify the club you are playing at before going out and ask them to add to the portal.

Haircakes

Visit site
If you read the EG guide the marker has to have the app (although I also thought it could be done by email when it first started).

Ah, thanks for this. I wonder if I could register him on my phone and then simply logout of my account and then log in to his. Might give it a try.....