who's gonna win?

B

birdieman

I predict A Kim is going to win this, trouble is BBC won't show him playing, wish we could see shots from more than just 4 or 5 players.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its getting as bad as the American coverage and more and more idiots are shouting "get in the hole"

I have all my fingers and toes crossed that Ross Fisher will come through. But I reckon Harrington will win it, he is just so mentally strong and has such a good short game.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
If I had to put money on it: Harrington. Personal choice would be for Greg to come home 1st.

I agree that the coverage is far too limited. We should be seeing a wider range of players.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Too close to call. So many players still in the mix and i think it may be a case of not someone winning it but of someone losing it ( If that makes sense ). The loss of shots by the last 2/3 groups is slowly dragging a good few golfers back into contention.

Maybe Poulter to continue the good form ?

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Poulter is looking quite strong.

A big slap on the back to David Howell for his 67 earlier today; a great round and his +12 (together with Ernie and Karlsson in the clubhouse) might not be that far away.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
The BBC is pushing boundaries today! They are blooming awful, I want to see A.Kim, R.Fisher etc not just Harington, Norman, Poulter + wood the commentary is sending me asleep, get someone with a personality, its like Steve Davis commentating on the snooker it just don't work.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!! And the idiot fans screaming get in the hole. htl is not happy!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, this is the worst I have seen the BBC perform in a long time, the cameramen cannot even seem to follow the ball on a number of holes.

To make matters worse, they are not broadcasting it in HD either.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poulter could do this folks!!!! I really cant stand the bloke but I cant help myself secretly wanting him to do it, after all he is the worlds number 2 golfer.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ian's just hit 17 in two.....surely a birdie......and the outright lead???

He's doing well, can't believe some of the stuff he was up to yesterday.....if he wasn't so full of his own ability, he could have been 3 better this morning with some conservative play.

I'd be happy.....

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
"hmmm....not what we were hoping for"

Poulter 3 putts.....Harrington birdies....end of the 2nd best player in the universe!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right, lets see what Harrington has in his locker. I reckon he is strong enough and will hold onto his lead.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poulter scrambles par.....round of 69......very impressive.
If Harrington stumbles....could be a play-off....

where would my loyalties lie then?

all very entertaining....sip of Petermans....loving it

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I think that shot into the 17th has just sealed the victory for Harrington.

Bet the bookies have absolutely cleaned up. The occasional punter will have been bamboozeled by the odds on the bottler Garcia and mr overrated himself Justin Rose. These 2 were so heavily backed, I never gave either of them a chance to be honest.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well done mr harrington. Special mention for ian poulter, running out to the practice ground, I felt he was a little premature and looked a bit silly. He should have waited until he everyone was through the 17th.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I see the Poulter knockers are at it again. Respect the efforts and the play at least people.

Congrats to Paddy (even if I didn't really want him to win!). Anyone that can shoot -4 for the last 6 has earnt their win. Shame for some of the others, but all round a damn fine tournament. Always good to see golfers having to really work hard, think hard and tough it out.

However, the BBC should probably not be allowed near another golf tournament for years. Absolutely awful coverage. Hardly any focus on anyone outside of the front 6 and about a 50% chance of seeing anyone hit a shot or seeing where the ball went. I know it's been windy, but how hard can it be to at least be ready with a decent camera shot of the bloke hitting the ball?

Thank the Lord that Sky have the Ryder Cup...

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
got to say I am more than happy,Paddy Winning and Fuyrk in top 7 has seen me net £235!
The coverage was pitiful.Showing leaderboards like one that showed Stenson at plus 10 then showing him over a par putt at plus 9 2 mins later kinda gave it away that he was missing it!!And as for some of the commentary......jesus just awful,Linekar saying things like 'and here is the champ walking' you dont say Gary!!How he gets the gig I do not know and also the Irish lottery presenter guy....jesus what about getting some folk on that know a thing or 2 about the sport!

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great finish, though the BBC were guilty of following the leaders maybe a bit too much at time, something I've critisised the USA coverage for in the past.

So as much as I object to having to pay for sky sports its clear that their cameramen & directors are more experienced & therefore better at covering the big events.

We must bear in mind that the weather has been very windy, so under the curcumstances, the cameramen did well to focus & follow a speeding white spherical object at well over a hundred mph using high zoom settings.

I think had Poults' putting been as hot on the front nine as it was on the back, then things could well have been better.

Greg Norman really didn't seem to have the same relaxed focus as he did the rest of the week, but to come to the open initially as a warm up to the seniors at Troon & be in contention, not to mention leading for three days & still finish well up there at the end even considering the mare he'd had today. At 53 he was looking as good as players 20 years his junior, which is not really supprising as if you stop & think about it Greg Norman was & is the first of the new breed of player, that worked out & put in the sort of practice that was important to reach the level of play, he clearly had returned to.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
2nd rate coverage but a first rate champion. Slightly gutted as I was going to pick him on Wednesday night for the dream team until I heard he was on the verge pulling out (no honestly) and didn't think he'd have a prayer.

Great champion, great speech and heres to a 3rd win next year