Who's Going To Win The Open?

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Obvious - Brooks, would be a popular winner too with a Portrush man on his mag
Sentimental - Rory / GMac / Clarke / Lowry / Harrington / Sugrue
Dark Horse - Andy Sullivan or Beef. Likeable characters trending in the right direction, both would be popular winners as well

D

Deleted member 1147

Molinari as the obvious - great iron player who’s been quiet for a little while.
Fitzpatrick as the sentimental - always been a fan
Dark horse - Eric Van Royan, big bugger with the ability to go low and likes links

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
tough call as the weather could ruin half the field of any chance to win .
first shout to win is Tiger hes had a nice little lay off and is going to be ready to play with a game plan to combat the weather .
my wish for a winner would be Lee Westwood ,i know he is now past his best ,but, look at Clarke a few years ago ,who would have thought that Darren would win the Open.
dark horse is ...............there is sooooo many of them but to narrow it down then ,Paul Casey,won the Irish a couple of years ago so knows how to win on Irish soil .

how i wish i had a proper crystal ball. and not just my poor judgement.

D

Deleted member 15344

It looks pretty green and soft , the greens won’t be too quick so for me

Rory and Molinari will be good shouts

Adam Scott isn’t a bad shout , can see Wallace being up there and also Poulter

From the US - Koepka will be the clear fav but someone like Schauffale could finally break through

Would be nice to see Rory win

D

Deleted member 1740

i've backed Rahm upto now.

i've got a shortlist of;

Rose
Stenson
Reed
Cabrera Bello
Pieters
Hatton

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Went to the practice day yesterday.

Was absolutely fantastic.

After watching them practice I would say the following:

Obvious- Rory - Watched him for 3/4 holes and he birdied all of them. Hit the ball absolutely brilliantly. It will all come down to the putter for him (which seemed to be working yesterday). He also seemed in great spirits, walking around with Thomas Bjorn having a laugh. He did get stung by a bee though and had to run off to the public bathroom.

Sentimental - Same as above

Dark Horse - I like Weisberger and have had a few quid on him

Who is not going to win - Tiger

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Here comes the rain.

Supposed to be playing this evening myself but will have to see if the boys fancy another soaking.

Going to take a strong willed player to win this open. Who could that be?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Here comes the rain.

Supposed to be playing this evening myself but will have to see if the boys fancy another soaking.

Going to take a strong willed player to win this open. Who could that be?
Any local knowledge on whether one side of the draw or the other is likely to be favoured?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Any local knowledge on whether one side of the draw or the other is likely to be favoured?

Not really hi. Just looked. My garden isn't flooded so shouldn't be too bad. I always know my course is closed if a certain part if my garden floods. Portrush will take plenty of rain.
I just think that rain will bring even more players into the mix but also rule out weak minded ones.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to the practice day yesterday.

Was absolutely fantastic.

After watching them practice I would say the following:

Obvious- Rory - Watched him for 3/4 holes and he birdied all of them. Hit the ball absolutely brilliantly. It will all come down to the putter for him (which seemed to be working yesterday). He also seemed in great spirits, walking around with Thomas Bjorn having a laugh. He did get stung by a bee though and had to run off to the public bathroom.

Sentimental - Same as above

Dark Horse - I like Weisberger and have had a few quid on him

Who is not going to win - Tiger
Famous last words, would you put £1000 on it ?