Who uses a stand-bag on an electric trolley?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I am a member of a course which historically has a trolley ban for 2-4 months over winter so end up having to carry for those months when I'm playing my home track.

At the beginning of this year my carry bag of 10+ years finally gave up on me and I'm yet to replace it.

My three year old Motocaddy dry series bag is suffering from zip failure on 3 of the pockets (a common issue I believe) so think I should probably replace that bag soon.

Rather than buy two bags I was wondering about just buying a stand-bag for the winter and then using it also throughout the summer months when I would have it on the electric trolley.

Anyone use a stand-bag on their trolleys and anything to watch out for? I don't want something slipping all over the place or have pockets badly designed for the trolley scenario.

Cheers

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a member of a course which historically has a trolley ban for 2-4 months over winter so end up having to carry for those months when I'm playing my home track.

At the beginning of this year my carry bag of 10+ years finally gave up on me and I'm yet to replace it.

My three year old Motocaddy dry series bag is suffering from zip failure on 3 of the pockets (a common issue I believe) so think I should probably replace that bag soon.

Rather than buy two bags I was wondering about just buying a stand-bag for the winter and then using it also throughout the summer months when I would have it on the electric trolley.

Anyone use a stand-bag on their trolleys and anything to watch out for? I don't want something slipping all over the place or have pockets badly designed for the trolley scenario.

Cheers

My old titliest stadry 5 was perfect on a trolley

My new onio 14 way carry bag is decent enough just has to be on side but least can leave the legs alone that way

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
My old titliest stadry 5 was perfect on a trolley

My new onio 14 way carry bag is decent enough just has to be on side but least can leave the legs alone that way
I too use a Titleist stadry 5 bag on my Motocaddy and it works perfectly. However, I wouldn't recommend the bag unfortunately. The bag itself has all the stitching coming loose around the dividers, and this has caused the shafts of my driver, 3wood and hybrid to have wear marks. Very poor quality.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Buy a Motocaddy Aquaflex, great stand bag and fits great on the trolley.

Ditto this. Great standbag, enough pockets, and waterproof. Designed to fit on a trolley with cut out in the base to stop it moving around. I have one and it fits very well on my Powakaddy trolley when I want, and is very light to carry when I don't.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I've had a motocaddy dry series before and the zips either failed or came away from the bag - can you confirm the quality of the hybrid bag is up to scratch?

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I have a Titleist standbag which I also use on my trolley. It is not really ideal, though. The side pockets are smaller than they are in a typical trolley bag (actually, there is only one long side pocket on the stand bag, because on the other side it would be in the way when carrying it). The stand is in the way when setting it on the trolley. I can still strap it on, but it never feels as stable as an actual trolley bag. My bag only has a 4 way divider. I know there are stanbags with 14 way dividers as well, but they tend to be very heavy and awkward for carrying. But when I take the trolley, I would prefer a 14 way divider ... it is neater somehow and prevents the clubheads from banging into each other.

I will probably buy a proper trolley bag in the near future (maybe now at the end of the season ... I might get a bargain at our pro shop) and use the standbag only in winter and for quick 9 hole rounds.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Maybe I should give Motocaddy another try - and then just get a cheap carry bag for the winter, when I'm only likely to be carrying a half-ish set.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Maybe I should give Motocaddy another try - and then just get a cheap carry bag for the winter, when I'm only likely to be carrying a half-ish set.

Surely that's what the Motocaddy Aquaflex will resolve? That's the very reason I bought it, my criteria was:

carry bag that fits on a trolley
waterproof
light to carry
internal umbrella well

Could have done with a separate putter well but with all of the above catereed for, it was better than any of the others I looked at. It also has removable straps if you want to use it on a trolley long term.

Springveldt

Visit site
Buy a Motocaddy Aquaflex, great stand bag and fits great on the trolley.
Just looked at this, didn't realise they had released a new bag.

May have to sell my Motocaddy Pro Series bag and get this one instead, it looks less bulky and I could carry during the winter when trolleys aren't allowed. Thanks. (y)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've got a Big Max waterproof carry / cart bag combo, really happy with it, BUT, I need to modify my trolley by putting a small block on the top cradle as the hinges for the carry legs sit right onto the cradle meaning the bag constantly twists which annoys me, other than that, its a great combo lightweight bag.

IMG_5538.JPG

IMG_5535.JPG

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
My Ping Hoofer Stand/Carry bag fits rather neatly onto my Motocaddy Cube 3 push trolley.
I seem to be getting into the back pain age group and am wondering how your set works. Not having had a trolley and fancying the ping bag, do you just put it on top of it and strap it in tightly? Or does it connect similar to the mytocaddy bags mentioned above in here?