Who rattled her cage?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I dunno what it was like everywhere else but down here in Hampshire, Mother Nature threw a Ronaldo-esque strop last night: What a storm! I didn't think anything like that was possible here in the UK, I've seen some bad ones in Asia but that was up there with the worst of them. At one point it must have passed directly over the top of us and had me and the wife both leaping out of the bed thinking the house was coming down. It's hard to imagine so much power can be generated by the weather.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
just reiterating what Smiffy has already written ,i thought the storm had passed but was woken by a large bang ,and then it seemed all bloody night ,my two cats were absolutely bricking it poor buggers.

D

Deleted member 18588

Just watching the National news and this is the second lead report.

Yet when, last week, there were similar floods affecting Birmingham and the West Midlands there was no national coverage.

No wonder many outside the South East really do get fed up with the media bias.

D

Deleted member 18588

us southerners had a little bit of wind back in 87 ,but you norfies wouldnt know what a decent wind is .:D:whistle::thup:

Trouble is you're just a bunch of southern softies.

If the local shop runs out of mung beans or if the croissants aren't fresh it's a major calamity.

And since when did Birmingham become part of the North?:rolleyes:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It is really humid down here today. I have been out and bought a whole box of Choc Ices (48) and handed them out to the needy Northern immigrant children who live nearby.
Our Southern hospitality reminded older folk of the Jarrow marches.

D

Deleted member 18588

Can't argue with that...

Looking forward to the proposed Lonexit vote;):D...

On a slightly more serious note I understand that the West Midlands is the most pro-leave region in the UK. Just need the Peaky Blinders in charge!!:D

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anyway, back on topic, Tashyboy had a beautiful few days in Italy and ended up in Como. For anyone that's been there. The road in front of lake Como and Como itself was flooded for about 200 yd, about a metre and a half above normal lake level. Yes it does flood, but not in June, they say they have had biblical weather for a week solid. me I got there just in time for the sunshineeeeeeeeee 30 degrees yesterday.

Lake Maggiore was exactly the same. Part of the resturaunt we were in on Isola Bella was partitioned off coz your feet would be wet.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyway, back on topic, Tashyboy had a beautiful few days in Italy and ended up in Como. For anyone that's been there. The road in front of lake Como and Como itself was flooded for about 200 yd, about a metre and a half above normal lake level. Yes it does flood, but not in June, they say they have had biblical weather for a week solid. me I got there just in time for the sunshineeeeeeeeee 30 degrees yesterday.

Lake Maggiore was exactly the same. Part of the resturaunt we were in on Isola Bella was partitioned off coz your feet would be wet.

We came back from Lake Como last Weds. Had a cracking time. The biblical weather must have been after we left cos it wasnt too bad when we were there!