Which shaft epoxy

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm fitting a TM shaft adapter to a new shaft for my R11 and was wondering which shaft epoxy will be the best to use. I've trolled the 'net and come away with my head spinning (Hope that doesn't happen in the R11) I do not need a lot it's only a one off so I do not want to spend a lot of money. I have seen one off sachets on Ebay but I'm not sure if it is the right stuff. Any advise appreciated thanks

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
i bought one of the One off satchets on eBay from a golf shop worked a treat. I fitted a TM adaptor to a kai'li shaft last summer no probs.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any epoxy for b&q etc will do, dont go for the five minute ultra quick drying stuff though need a bit of time to line things up etc ;)

DCB

Visit site
As Chris says, any epoxy will do. Prepare the tip of the shaft properly, clean it properly, clean the adaptor then mix the epoxy thoroughly with the specified amount of each part and it'll be fine.

T

thecraw

Araldite is absolutely champion for this and what I use all the time.

B

birdieman

If you're doing this properly you should have shafting beads mixed into the epoxy to get the shaft aligned absolutely correctly.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used B&Q epoxy in the syringe,no probs, are you taking 1/2 off the shaft tip as there seems to be a train of thought that when installing into a R11 adaptor you need to do this as it does not go that full inch into the hosel like it does in a glued model.

T

thecraw

You also won't really need shafting beads for a shaft going into a TM adaptor.

T

thecraw

thanks for that cause i did not tip mine and was a bit concerned.

Tipping it will stiffen the shaft. If it plays too long just butt tip it. Your pro can either blow the grip or just buy a grip from Gamola and replace the grip.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone that has done this like to spend 5 mins writing a step by step idiots guide to how exactly to fit an adapter, it would be really usefull
Thanks