which lob wedge to get???

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

after taking delivery of my new Taylormade set from a friend that works at the warehouse he has offered my a lob wedge brand new for next to nothing so need to choose between the TM XFT with replaceable face or the TM ATV.

Thoughts welcome???

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looking at your sig panel, you'd probably be better off with a gap wedge.

With your PW being 45* and your SW being 55* I would argue you'd be better served putting a 50* gap wedge in there.

Just my opinion of course :thup:

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
Looking at your sig panel, you'd probably be better off with a gap wedge.

With your PW being 45* and your SW being 55* I would argue you'd be better served putting a 50* gap wedge in there.

Just my opinion of course :thup:

Funny you say that - I have not long received a text from my mate asking if I would rather have the gap wedge.....may be the way to go as he mentioned the 10 degree difference and better to fill this gap.

Thanks for confirming what he has said - looks like I will go with that.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Funny you say that - I have not long received a text from my mate asking if I would rather have the gap wedge.....may be the way to go as he mentioned the 10 degree difference and better to fill this gap.

Has your friend said if he's getting you the R11 AW to match your set or a 50* ATV/Xft?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

I would agree that a (probably) 52 ATV would generally be a better club to fit with the clubs listed in the sig - I initialy responded the way I did because I read it that you had the offer of X or Y, rather than the wider question!

My 52 is probably the most used club in the bag outwith the driver and putter!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
yeah, on my course back home its not a drive and a wedge that for sure :) depending on the wind at times and how good a drive the first can be drive / wedge or driver / 3 wood. lol

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Go for the Gap/AW. Not the time of year for LWs!

I've taken mine out - to reduce temptation. Gone the 2 Driver route for today's experiment!

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks peeps. He is having the gap wedge made up for me so looking forward to receiving that and getting on the course with all the new clubs.

Again thank you for all the advice.