Which Handicap

Flash

Visit site

Easy. 2 wives in 30 years including the last who just retired as Ladies Secretary were at pains to point out. They beat the presentation results for medal ana stableford every time.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know it will be on your card, but it isn't a WHS term and it's ambiguous. It could mean the strokes received for the course - your course handicap - or the strokes you receive for your game - your playing handicap. I hear too that some players like to note the number of strokes they are receiving in match play which is a third possible meaning, making it amtriguous. (I know there isn't such a word, but I like it.)

Swango1980

Visit site
That from a playing point of view puzzles me. Do you try harder and play better when you know you're needing to make up on the back nine? And should I infer the converse, that you slacken off when you start the back nine ahead of target? I am a naive sort of golfer who just tries to play to his best all the time. It doesn't work that well, but that's another story.

Keeping tabs on your points is easy. Put a circle round the SI of holes where you get strokes. After each hole, write down your gross score, subtract any stroke(s) you get and write down the points that gives you. Or something similar. But it's so simple that you'll have been doing that for years and I'm missing the point of what you're saying. :unsure:
I guess it is like the professionals. Some like to know their score and look at the leaderboard. Some don't. So, some club golfers like to know how they are doing, some don't. At our place I like to know how I am doing by the 17th. If I am on a good score, I just hit 6 iron off the tee to try and play safe, gives me wedge or 9 iron in. If I am not doing so well, I am more tempted to get driver out and go for it, although that brings the out of bounds driving range into play

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I guess it is like the professionals. Some like to know their score and look at the leaderboard. Some don't. So, some club golfers like to know how they are doing, some don't. At our place I like to know how I am doing by the 17th. If I am on a good score, I just hit 6 iron off the tee to try and play safe, gives me wedge or 9 iron in. If I am not doing so well, I am more tempted to get driver out and go for it, although that brings the out of bounds driving range into play

I've absolutely no interest in knowing my score until I've finished my round. So I polity ask my playing partners not to tell me and that I'd rather not add theirs up until the end.

It's surprising over the years, how many people think that confirming scores/points after 9 holes was a rule. And when I explain why I don't want to know, they tend to agree it sounds sensible. Some are still insistent on telling you, either through being forgetful or just because you've asked them not to.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
I know my score compared to par after every hole in the round. I don't need or want someone else telling me; it's aggravating.