Which golf ball

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys after a little advice I'm looking for a golf ball to start using.
The balls im thinking are Srixon AD333 Tour, Srixon Zstar, Callaway Chrome Soft.
I swing my driver probably on average 95mph but can get up to over 100mph.
I like a soft feeling ball that spins on the short shots.
If you could all give my recommendations and reasons that would be great.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've used all 3 and continue to go back to the Chrome Soft. It's a great all-round ball, the best all-around ball I've used. Down to feel though, so get a sleeve of each and see how you get on.

BomberSRL

Head Pro
Visit site
The balls im thinking are Srixon AD333 Tour, Srixon Zstar, Callaway Chrome Soft.

Check out the Vice website, quite a few people have good things to say. I like a Pro-V1X but I dont like losing them.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been using Z-Star balls for the last 4 years but the Chromesofts perform very good aswell. Whatever you feel putts the best then go for that. No one will notice a great deal of difference for full shots etc. It's all about the putting 😉

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Heyup phil me man, played with both the ad33 and the Z star. Love both balls but if I hit a bad shot with the Z star it spins like crazy. My preferred ball is deffo the ad333. But the ball which I play with is the ad333 tour. Sorta falls inbetween the 333 and Z star in both performance and price. Check it out 👍

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I play ad333 tour and chrome softs

Depends on the weather which I use.

Got the ad333 tour for 15 quid a dozen and the chromies for 18quid a dozen.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've used all 3 and continue to go back to the Chrome Soft. It's a great all-round ball, the best all-around ball I've used. Down to feel though, so get a sleeve of each and see how you get on.

Have to agree with this.

All 3 are great balls, happy to play any of them, but given a choice it would be the chrome soft. It's my no 1 choice.

Note, the Z-Star comes in quite a few different constructions so any recommendation will no doubt detail which. Again, IMO they are all good but do differ significantly in feel.

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Vice looks nice.....which one though? Vice Tour? Currently play the Srixon AD333...play off 4.0....but thinking going AD333 Tour...but to be honest, just want a quality ball at a small price...like Titleist Pro V, obvs, but just can't afford them....going to buy 48 plus for this season.....what is the feel like on the putting, as agree, this is the bit that is important to me.

Thanks!

M

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have been using Chrome Soft for a few months now (loving the yellow truvis ones over the winter). It is a great ball, at least as good for me as any other and between £25 & £30 makes it a lot cheaper than prove.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The Vice looks nice.....which one though? Vice Tour? Currently play the Srixon AD333...play off 4.0....but thinking going AD333 Tour...but to be honest, just want a quality ball at a small price...like Titleist Pro V, obvs, but just can't afford them....going to buy 48 plus for this season.....what is the feel like on the putting, as agree, this is the bit that is important to me.

Thanks!

M

Try the recommender http://www.vicegolf.com/uk/vice-golf-ball-recommender

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Taylormade Project (a) was surprisingly good as is the AD333 tour. The Z star is more of a premium ball (and has a premium price). It's horses for courses and so try a sleeve of each until you find a make you like

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nothing wrong with any of these three. I agree with a previous answer - if your a consistent ball striker you will notice little between them. That being said i would choose the chrome soft before the Z star and the AD333 tour last. The fact the chrome soft can be had for a decent price makes it the best ball on the market - pound for pound in my opinion

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nothing wrong with any of these three. I agree with a previous answer - if your a consistent ball striker you will notice little between them. That being said i would choose the chrome soft before the Z star and the AD333 tour last. The fact the chrome soft can be had for a decent price makes it the best ball on the market - pound for pound in my opinion

Where do you buy this at a decent price?

Thank's in anticipation.

M

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Where do you buy this at a decent price?

Thank's in anticipation.

M

No where specific to be honest, sorry. I wait for an offer at the right price and buy in bulk. I got 10 dozen. Its standard price is still good value but of you hunt/wait around a deal will come up

HDID Kenny

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After finding a Vice Pro ball and having played it for a few rounds and liking it (previously a Pro V1 man in summer and Nxt Tour S in winter) I have took the plunge and bought 60 for coming season.