Which clubs should I upgrade first woods or putter?

TPO77

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently upgraded my golf clubs getting a new driver and new irons. My old clubs are just a beginner package set that I got a few years ago. The only clubs I have left in my bag from that are the 3 wood, 4 hybrid and the putter. The reason these are the ones that are left is because they are the clubs I've always hit the best.

I'm looking at buying another club this month but due to being skint it may well be the last one for a couple of months or perhaps even until my birthday in August. I'm either going to get a Wilson staff fybrid 3/5 wood or a new putter. I'm really undecided on which to go for first.

Can any of you better players perhaps offer some guidance on the matter please.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Although the putter is the club you'll use most, it is also imo the one where cost and quality are least important. Putting is all about what feels good to you and more importantly what works for you.

I'd suggest having a go with a few putters in your pro shop/American golf or wherever and see if any of them feel better to you than your current putter.
If any of them scream out to you then go for the putter, but if nothing feels significantly better than your own then go for the fybrid.