Where's my swing gone...

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Strange thing, the last 2 games I've felt like ive got no swing at all. There's no real, rythm or timing. It's like I'm stood over the ball but don't know what to do, what part of my body starts the swing. My brain feels like it's frozen and can't compute.
Anybody else had this sensation, it's really weird

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Felt my swing was pretty out of synch and I had the shanks warming up, especially with pitches. Went out and drove it nicely and with a nice tempo. Strange. Went out today and felt "in the mood" and played well and then suddenly it fell apart and I had no control on my swing or what I was doing. It's transcient and comes and goes. Sadly today was mid-round. I know exactly where you're coming from

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know where it's gone, but when you find it, could you tell mine to come home as well. It's been playing out since last May and it's time for it's Dinner.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Ah, a thread I can relate to, my swing feels completely alien and has done for the last few months.

I'm struggling with all shots from driving through to chipping.

Went to the range today and it was a horror story, every bad shot was represented at some point during the session.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
In all seriousness though, having completely lost my swing for the last few months following an injury lay off, the only thing that will get the swing back is effort. Hit the range, watch videos, get a lesson or 2.

I had a real breakthrough this weekend and have had a great range session after working on my hip turn. Improvement is usually a series of small breakthroughs.

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
John Jacobs calls it TSD- Total Swing Disintegration.

The remedy- back to basics

grip, posture, alignment, rhythm, ball position and take half swings with a mid iron.

It will be back by the 20th swing (or thereabouts):whoo:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Strange but I have had the same and it usually coincides with my tyrets kicking off about three seconds later.

what is surprising is that when I hit the ball well my tyrets go.

surely it's a coincidence.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
look at your body alignments - make real sure you maintain your posture head staying real quiet.

then take a 7 or 8i. tee the balls up on a real low tee have feet no further than 6" apart & make 3/4 swings at 60% effort. be sure you rotate arms connected back & through to a full finish. so turn & arms are connected. not arm swing & hit.

work on your balance & sequencing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think mine's living it up in Ibiza or somewhere....
It comes and goes as it pleases but never with any warning.....

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Strange but I have had the same and it usually coincides with my tyrets kicking off about three seconds later.

what is surprising is that when I hit the ball well my tyrets go.

surely it's a coincidence.
Efoff. u dyslexic mother duffer.:rofl: lol lol,

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The wind blew mine away at Royal Cinque Ports last Monday.....:mad::mad::mad:

No golf until Blackmoor next week. Hopefully, complete rest and lack of golf will eradicate all memories from my mind.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Don't suppose this has anything to do with it but have you been doing any heavy lifting. I find that if I've been doing any activity using muscles I don't usually use my swing goes completely off for a while. Alternatively you may have left your swing at the range, I'm going up there this morning, I'll send if anyone has handed it in. Or perhaps those people at Dynamic Indoor Golf have it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don't suppose this has anything to do with it but have you been doing any heavy lifting. I find that if I've been doing any activity using muscles I don't usually use my swing goes completely off for a while. Alternatively you may have left your swing at the range, I'm going up there this morning, I'll send if anyone has handed it in. Or perhaps those people at Dynamic Indoor Golf have it.

one of the lads who was made redundant last year got a job as a coal delivery man. Started on the Monday and went golfing on the Saturday. He could not lift his arms above his shoulders. He was in agony. The following week his back had gone and was pumped up on drugs to play. His mates were in hysterics. The third Saturday his swing was nearly back to normal. They asked him how he had sorted his swing out and he told his PP he had told them to stick there coal carrying job.

he said his body was that pumped up he could not move,stretch or do out without being in agony. Lazy sod.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I lost mine after some lessons the time last year where the coach tried to change my swing completely and it was a disaster. I ditched him when my ball striking was non existent

I had to work out what was actually changed from before I started the lessons and,slowly but surely, work backwards to find the old swing and there was a eureka moment when suddenly I did find it. Now I have just committed to memory what my best swing actually does step by step

Last edited:

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know exactly how that feels mate and its awful.

Must say though my instant cure is a lesson. I went for one last week and he asked what are we looking to do today? I said anything its just completely pants... After 10 swings he told me how it wasn't all pants and my posture had slipped along with my hips not rotating properly...

Its mad how after time I slowly move to what is comfortable... Half hour later I am back on the range flushing it... Played a round at the weekend and it was great.

I had a million ideas of what the problem could have been and I was miles off.

Good luck, get a lesson booked