Where to stay for Holinwell AND Alwoodly??? (local knowledge needed)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Mate of mine has just booked us in to the pairs event at these two courses in July...sensible tee times around midday too!

Travelling up from the south, take it as read that we'll need two different places as the courses are 75 miles apart, (odd they have a joint Open!)

Anyone with local knowledge recommend a decent, not too expensive place to look for accommodation as an alternative to the Prem Inn/Travelodge etc?

Thoughts appreciated! :)

Grizzly

Visit site
For Alwoodly, look at the hotel attached to the cricket ground at Headingley - if there is not a match scheduled, you can sometimes get a really top notch place to stay for less than Premier Inn money.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For Alwoodly, look at the hotel attached to the cricket ground at Headingley - if there is not a match scheduled, you can sometimes get a really top notch place to stay for less than Premier Inn money.
Aye, probs a good shout & very handy for the Headingley pubs... next nearest will be The Village Hotel..... then Weetwood Hotel. All very handy for Alwoodley.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm told but have no experience that Haley's is pretty good. New owners refurbished a couple of years ago. In Headingly about 3 miles from Alwoodley

D

Deleted member 1147

I’m playing these, am stopping at my mate’s near Rotherham, as it’s half way between the 2.