Where do you stand

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
Played a 4BBB match recently and one of the oppos had the hump about where I was stood while he was getting ready to take his shot. To me it doesn't matter as long as your stood still. Is there an accepted or good etiquette place to stand ?

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it’s down to personal preference. I don’t like it if someone’s stood behind me and would rather they stood in front or to the right. Think I’m worried about hitting them. This is purely on the tee box where it’s a bit tighter for space, on the course it doesn’t really matter as long as they’re not within swing range.

If someone asked me nicely to stand somewhere else I’d do it as everyone’s different and has their own reasons.

Edit - seen the other replies, have I been 🎣?

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
I think it’s down to personal preference. I don’t like it if someone’s stood behind me and would rather they stood in front or to the right. Think I’m worried about hitting them. This is purely on the tee box where it’s a bit tighter for space, on the course it doesn’t really matter as long as they’re not within swing range.

If someone asked me nicely to stand somewhere else I’d do it as everyone’s different and has their own reasons.

Edit - seen the other replies, have I been 🎣?
No not at all. I was stood behind as in looking down his line but he insisted I stand to the side . Idk really , I wasn't even in his peripheral view. Idm playing people like this as they let silly things bother them.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
As long as they aren’t stood too close I couldn’t care less.

How do people cope if there is a tree (insert other objects if required) in their eye line?

Or god forbid a bird tweeting on your backswing.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No not at all. I was stood behind as in looking down his line but he insisted I stand to the side . Idk really , I wasn't even in his peripheral view. Idm playing people like this as they let silly things bother them.
I’d be fine with that and to be honest I think that’s what most people do so that they can help keep an eye in your ball!

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
As long as they aren’t stood too close I couldn’t care less.

How do people cope if there is a tree (insert other objects if required) in their eye line?

Or god forbid a bird tweeting on your backswing.
I know people who are bothered by all sorts of on course stuff.

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
I’d be fine with that and to be honest I think that’s what most people do so that they can help keep an eye in your ball!
Yeah same I always try and keep an eye on the ball. Unless they turn away in disgust one to many times and don't look themselves

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If someone stands where you're not comfortable, a polite request to move is harmless.

An expletive might mean a less than convivial rest of round!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Move. But anyone who asks someone to move as long as they arent too close, is an unreasonable oik. Dont play with them again.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played a 4BBB match recently and one of the oppos had the hump about where I was stood while he was getting ready to take his shot. To me it doesn't matter as long as your stood still. Is there an accepted or good etiquette place to stand ?

I can’t decide if you are posting this question to try and convince everyone you are a newbie……

Or on the wind up

Anyhow this was done to death about 8 years ago, have a look at every post and we’ll see you in about a month 👍

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
In front of them or behind them.
Edit...
Behind is behind their back, not on their line.