Where do you play golf

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Burgham Park
Northumberland

Playing in winter is weather dependent, more me than the course. 2-3 times a month would be a good result. In the summer I play 1 x 18 holes a week and a few 9 hole rounds mid week as well after work.

Visit site
Hollins Hall on the outskirts of Shipley near Bradford. Every Saturday morning, maybe an extra round on a Summer's evening. Excellent course, one of the best in West Yorkshire, (excluding North West Leeds, i.e Alwoodley, Moortown, which are THE best).
Only problem with Hollins Hall, is that the course is brilliant, but the CLUB is a real let down. It has recently been sold by Marriott to Britannia, and the members are awaiting developments.
Nobody knows the level of investment that Britannia are prepared to make. I reckon, (taking a very general view), that if the new owners failed to invest in the course and the club, there would be a wholesale migration to other clubs in the area. That is the view of the eight or so players that I play with each weekend. So where, (living in Bradford) would I go?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Nairn Golf club ( the short wearing Micro climate) at least twice a week more in summer, also have a winter membership at Nairn Dunbar so playing there the odd game while my club are having course changes this winter. I also play Hickory's once a month at other clubs around the highlands
How is Nairn Dunbar? We have a reciprocal agreement with them and I'd be interested to know what you think.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
How is Nairn Dunbar? We have a reciprocal agreement with them and I'd be interested to know what you think.
They got a new greenkeeper and he has done a great job. A few changes with a fair few trees removed this year. Greens have really improved over the last few years. Def worth playing in summer,I wouldn't bother this time of year.April to Oct great

D

Deleted member 21258

I play mainly at Mile End Golf Club and this year. Over all the courses I played, probably around once a fortnight, maybe slightly more (including holidays where I have played my most golf this year)

Well that was garbage and a total underestimate:poop:, totalled it up last night, I have played around 20 times where I am a member and another 26 different courses.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
WebCastletown3a9_148.jpg
Here, Castletown in the Isle of Man

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My home course is Blairgowrie which I play at least once a week all year, and I also play at Carnoustie and Monifeith alternative weeks during the winter months. Four of us will also play as many links courses as we can from Panmure to Dunbar between November and April.

Hi. Do you use the reciprocal deal to play Dunbar? What do they charge?

Must come up to your place. Rosemount is my favourite inland course.

I play Dunbar about 125 rounds per year and usually about 10 opens and as a visitor to a few courses per year.

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Don't all parkland courses in the west of Scotland do that?

To a degree KenL, however some more so than others and Hilton Park was absolutely saturated last time I played it in mid October, although that was at least 6 years ago I would think!!!

Just wondering if it had improved any.