Where do you play golf

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
They've done a huge amount of drainage work and started a 10 year tree felling program which is already bearing fruit with increased sunlight and air circulation.
I played it at the weekend and obviously it's still a moorland/parkland course but it's vastly improved.

Good to hear, now what course do you prefer, I possibly enjoyed the Allander more but would say the Hilton is a better layout.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
tree felling program which is already bearing fruit with increased sunlight and air circulation.

That is a massive point that for so many years was mistaken. In the past it seemed that it was felt that trees soak up the water when in fact, as said, they block sunlight and air circulation. our place has noticed a massive improvement since the same has been happening, granted it was a very dry summer and we've just had 3 days of solid rain so will be interesting to see how the course is come the weekend, but parkland is parkland and is always going to be damp in winter.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
That is a massive point that for so many years was mistaken. In the past it seemed that it was felt that trees soak up the water when in fact, as said, they block sunlight and air circulation. our place has noticed a massive improvement since the same has been happening, granted it was a very dry summer and we've just had 3 days of solid rain so will be interesting to see how the course is come the weekend, but parkland is parkland and is always going to be damp in winter.

Where did they fell trees at Blairgowrie?

🕵️😉

www.hiltonpark.net
Good to hear, now what course do you prefer, I possibly enjoyed the Allander more but would say the Hilton is a better layout.
The Hilton is more challenging and tests your long game and the Allander plotting your way round. I love the fact they are 2 distinctly different courses and challenge different parts of your game.
The Par 3 4th on the Allander is the hardest hole on the course, a real card breaker!!!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi. Do you use the reciprocal deal to play Dunbar? What do they charge?

Must come up to your place. Rosemount is my favourite inland course.

I play Dunbar about 125 rounds per year and usually about 10 opens and as a visitor to a few courses per year.

Hi Ken, Blairgowrie have just started a reciprocal arrangement with Dunbar this year so I haven't used it yet. The green fee is £15. One of our group is moving house from Edinburgh to Dunbar in January, and he is moving his membership from Longniddry to Dunbar so hopefully I'll be playing there a bit more in the coming year. It's a bit of a hike from Perthshire though.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where did they fell trees at Blairgowrie?

🕵️😉

Loads of trees have been felled at Blairgowrie over the past few years. I used to be that you couldn't see one fairway from the adjoining one, now in some places you can see across three or four.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
WebCastletown3a9_148.jpg
Here, Castletown in the Isle of Man
I love the Isle of Man having spent many fabulous holidays there in the late 60s and early 70s. I played Castletown a few times when I was flying from Ronaldsway and Rowany when I stayed in Port Erin.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Play at Inverness and Fortrose golf clubs, don’t get to play nearly as much as I’d like with working away half the year and family life.