Where do you buy cheap golf clothing?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I suppose it depends on the club logo, some of them are hideous. I guess it doesn't have the cachet of Sunningdale, but Royal Ascot logo looks nice enough to me.
No issue with having branded clothing but when you've got team shirts, other branded polo shirts, branded windproof jumpers and numerous club jumpers I simply don't have any need for anymore. I hope in time the balance will change

Joseth1n

Visit site
It's been a while since your post, but I'd like to add some information.
When it comes to scoring some affordable golf clothing, I usually start my search online. Websites like Amazon and eBay tend to offer a diverse range of options at various price ranges. You can find everything from basic polos to high-end brands, often at discounted prices. Another option is to explore local discount sports stores, as they sometimes have hidden gems at lower prices. It's all about taking the time to browse and find what fits both your style and your budget.

Last edited:

Sevemarkaros

Visit site
TK Maxx online. Order lots, free delivery, return what doesn't work. I just picked up £900 worth of shorts and trousers for £260 and what doesn't fit goes back for a refund.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found their quality and sizes very variable
Not the case anymore. A couple of their early pieces I bought for cheap were pretty poor (recently sold two on Vinted, haha). But the stuff I've bought from them in the last two years has all been excellent. Most notably the golf joggers and patterned polo shirts. Usually get them between £20 and £30 and they're great value for that price.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not the case anymore. A couple of their early pieces I bought for cheap were pretty poor (recently sold two on Vinted, haha). But the stuff I've bought from them in the last two years has all been excellent. Most notably the golf joggers and patterned polo shirts. Usually get them between £20 and £30 and they're great value for that price.
Good to hear. I stopped buying for the reasons stated but may consider revisiting especially the "Ambassador" deals

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I purchase Druids clothing.

Our scratch team got sponsership from them , we got a mid layer and a “honeycomb” polo

Horrific - the shirt was like wearing Brillo pad , and the quality of it was very poor

The mid layer was like wearing a cardboard box - no give in it all , it’s not a surprise that both items have found its way to the bottom of the draw and we have all gone and got ourselves either a Glenmuir or FJ crested top - far better quality

Druids imo banner should be “buy cheap buy twice”

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our scratch team got sponsership from them , we got a mid layer and a “honeycomb” polo

Horrific - the shirt was like wearing Brillo pad , and the quality of it was very poor

The mid layer was like wearing a cardboard box - no give in it all , it’s not a surprise that both items have found its way to the bottom of the draw and we have all gone and got ourselves either a Glenmuir or FJ crested top - far better quality

Druids imo banner should be “buy cheap buy twice”
How many years ago was that?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last year 🤷‍♂️ - they didn’t even last a season
Oh well, that's a shame. As I said above, the one I first bought from them was very cheap, the letters peeled off after a couple of washes, and I've got rid of it. That was a plain colour one. But their patterned polos are of noticeably better quality - the letters are embossed on (embossed might not be the right word but you know when the logo is raised and won't peel off) rather than just stuck on. The collar is a bit stiffer, etc. So they obviously knocked out the cheap range for your batch order which is unfortunate.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've bought two things from Druids. Sizing was accurate, quality was good. Had them 2-3 years, worn often, washed etc. Still in perfect condition. Maybe I got lucky but I would happily use them again.

Same here

My only issue is being bombarded with emails and text messages, and, sometimes their pricing, which means I've ordered stuff one day on their sales only to find that their prices go up and down like a yo yo so you're never sure if it'll be cheaper, or dearer, the next day .

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
The post that bumped this thread is clearly some sort of online bot, but my question is this - what's the point? Who is gaining from this?

Usually online, things like this are spam where a business is promoted. So what you would expect on this thread, it would be a bot pointing to a website it has been told to advertise. But this bot isn't doing that...

Does anyone have any ideas? Or is it some sort of AI thing looking to make friends?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The post that bumped this thread is clearly some sort of online bot, but my question is this - what's the point? Who is gaining from this?

Usually online, things like this are spam where a business is promoted. So what you would expect on this thread, it would be a bot pointing to a website it has been told to advertise. But this bot isn't doing that...

Does anyone have any ideas? Or is it some sort of AI thing looking to make friends?
I worry it is the latter, so be nice people :oops: .

As to your main point, we have asked this question behind the scenes as a lot of these posts get reported, quite rightly. We see a lot more than the average poster as we see and delete most before they sit there for too long. Spam with links to sites I understand but these......I don't see what the point is. Hopefully someone can answer.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I worry it is the latter, so be nice people :oops: .

As to your main point, we have asked this question behind the scenes as a lot of these posts get reported, quite rightly. We see a lot more than the average poster as we see and delete most before they sit there for too long. Spam with links to sites I understand but these......I don't see what the point is. Hopefully someone can answer.
Sometimes they post something that looks innocuous, then a day or two later it gets edited and the link appears then (away from the initial eyes on it I guess). That hasn't happened here so maybe it was programmed wrong. 😄

Maybe it was a real guy who just talks a bit like a robot. :ROFLMAO: