Where can we submit a new golf course website for feedback?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Small thing from me, 'Visitors' is spelled 'Vistors' on the home page in the header.

Apart from that I like it and makes me want to come and play

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I really like he hand drawn course maps. Those along with the fantastic wee blurb on each hole looks really good.

Very different approach to a GC website and honestly very refreshing.

Absolutely gives the indication of a warm and welcoming environment.

Really like it.

Absolutely agree with all of the above. I'd love to play it now having read that . £22 for the day is a bargain. With Midsummer daylight hours you could get round loads of times. Maybe a one day eclectic competition would be fun !!!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have not looked with forensic detail but as an overall look I really like it. Plenty of pictures of the course, nice clean layout. Too much writing on a website is dull, you have avoided that.

I am also in the camp of enjoying the combination of hole picture plus drawing.

I'd like to see something relating to the clubhouse, external and internal shot, but the course is more critical.

It looks inviting and that is what is most important. Well done.

ship69

Hacker
Visit site
I have not looked with forensic detail but as an overall look I really like it. Plenty of pictures of the course, nice clean layout. Too much writing on a website is dull, you have avoided that.

I am also in the camp of enjoying the combination of hole picture plus drawing.

I'd like to see something relating to the clubhouse, external and internal shot, but the course is more critical.

It looks inviting and that is what is most important. Well done.

Thank you, m'Lord :)

OK, the site is now live on: www.traighgolf.co.uk

Thank you so much for your contributions so far, everyone. Yes, we definitely need better photos, but it's a start, and we now have a structure that uses extremely high-resolution photos on the site (up to 2500 pixels wide) - not many courses have that(!).

The course guide diagram is clearly a bit Marmite-like. In time, we may well get it repainted, and this time we will think more carefully about the exact colours used.

We will also try to find some historic photos. In my childhood, there was a fence around each green made using four wooden railway sleepers - one at each corner - on each green, so as to keep sheep and cows off. Yes, cows. Much of my childhood involved cussing about cows, but with a high sheep-to-cow ratio, it worked surprisingly well... until a young calf got stuck inside a fence!

But there are no longer any sheep on the course, not even in the winter, and as you can see we have come a long, long way since those days.

For anyone interested, if you get a chance to see the site on a high-res (e.g. "4K") screen the effect is rather mind-blowing. But what is clever is that SquareSpace is "responsive" to your web browser and won't waste your time downloading an image that is unnecessarily high res image, if your screen is only lower res... and thereby it also tries to show you the entire image, not just part of it. Clever stuff.

If you have any more thoughts about the site, please keep them coming.

J

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just had another look and noticed a slight glitch!
On the 'Course' page, when I click on any of the hole numbers I'm redirected back to the 'Home' page whereas I was expecting to see details of the individual holes.
Maybe it's just me and my laptop ...................... but I doubt it.
Otherwise a great site :thup:.

ship69

Hacker
Visit site
I've just had another look and noticed a slight glitch!
On the 'Course' page, when I click on any of the hole numbers I'm redirected back to the 'Home' page whereas I was expecting to see details of the individual holes.
Maybe it's just me and my laptop ...................... but I doubt it.
Otherwise a great site :thup:.

Are you using a Firefox browser? There seems to be an intermittent problem with it...
Either way, thanks. I shall investigate further.
J

ship69

Hacker
Visit site
Are you using a Firefox browser? There seems to be an intermittent problem with it...
J

UPDATE: Yes, there was a nasty but intermittent bug when using Firefox. Please try again now, if you get a chance. Many thanks. J

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
J

Yes I am.

UPDATE: Yes, there was a nasty but intermittent bug when using Firefox. Please try again now, if you get a chance. Many thanks. J

I've just tried it and everything seems to be working fine.
You said there was an intermittent Firefox issue, on that basis I'll try the site at various times over the next few weeks and alert you if there are any problems :thup:.

ship69

Hacker
Visit site
Yes I am.

I've just tried it and everything seems to be working fine.
You said there was an intermittent Firefox issue, on that basis I'll try the site at various times over the next few weeks and alert you if there are any problems :thup:.

Much appreciated.

We now believe that we have solved the problem. :)

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like the site, personally, I would change the font. Something in the Helvetica style font, would look better to me, and easier to read.