When do your Qualifying Comps finish?

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When do your qualifying comps finish for the season? Ours is on the last Sat of September which I find a bit frustrating as the course is in fantastic shape well beyond this, in fact, I would go as far as saying it's perfectly good for comps all year round apart from serious weather like snow etc. Most other clubs around here are similar give or take a few weeks. I'd like to see qualifiers continue even just as sweeps till at least the end Oct as weather is generally ok till then.

D

Deleted member 15344

Last medal in November then start again in first weekend of MArch

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Next Saturday is our last regular one, the greens will be blitzed the following week, September s a mix of fun comps, 5 club, Texas scramble etc, with a medal at the end and also one medal in October if the course is fully open.

DCB

Visit site
Playing on a parkland course the October medal is our last unless you qualify for the Medal Finals. Quite happy with that as conditions do go downhill quite quickly as autumn progresses. Add to that the clock change at the end of Oct and you couldn't get everyone off before dark if you played a November Medal. It also give the green staff more leeway in doing their winter maintenance programme IMO

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
September will be the last Medal and Stableford, then a few individual comps over the October/November period. Restart in March.

Annoys the hell out of me, as the course so playable for the winter time, and no reason to stop them.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
October medal is the last original schedule qualifier every year although this year we have a rearranged June medal on 1st November providing the weather doesn't take a turn for the worse and preferred lies come into play.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Qualifiers all year round, the only difference is we run an order of merit similar to the Fed Ex cup idea and that ends the first week in October.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All majors stop either end of October / early November until March, it goes to one monthly medal and one stableford..... But it's a nice time to get into the roll up and bank some cash, whole having some more relaxed games with good banter.

Also the swindle seems to be around 3:30/4.00 hours instead of 5 hour majors.....

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Medals finish at the end of October but Stablefords carry on all through - weather permitting
This was new last year and we only managed to play a couple - hopefully we'll get more this winter.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ours don't stop, this is why I moved as I was frustrated that the course could be in great nick and yet they'd suspended all weekend qualifiers from October to April, so 5 months social golf!

Everything seemed rushed into the early months also when the course wasn't great in April/May. Plus, you'd have loads of comps but for no good reason they wouldn't be qualifiers :angry:

I'm now at a heathland course so I can pick the weekend comps I play in as their spread over 12 months and I have over 3 times more :thup: