When do you think you will next play golf?

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well after tonight, I've no idea when I will play next.....

Wasnt in a hurry to start playing upon reopening but bowed to a bit of pressure from mates
Played last Thursday
Shocked myself that after 7 weeks I'd played decent and was 1 under h/cap

Played Sunday with a different mate
Enjoyed catching up with him, played om, 1 over h/cap
But Sundays defenitely aren't the same

Tonight I played 11 holes after work
Can't say I enjoyed it
It's been a long break
But golf doesn't seem the same right now
Might just spend some time practicing, hitting balls, try and find the love again.....

Anybody else underwhelmed right now??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Glad to get first 18 out of the way but desperately need to sort hybrids off the tee and irons off the deck out. After that comes pitching. Practicing tomorrow but decided to play Friday-Monday as no substitute for being out there and at least I can get the putting up to speed. It was a tad slow on the back nine and I think it's be carnage trying to get tee times at the weekend but for now need to get out as much as possible

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Well after tonight, I've no idea when I will play next.....

Wasnt in a hurry to start playing upon reopening but bowed to a bit of pressure from mates
Played last Thursday
Shocked myself that after 7 weeks I'd played decent and was 1 under h/cap

Played Sunday with a different mate
Enjoyed catching up with him, played om, 1 over h/cap
But Sundays defenitely aren't the same

Tonight I played 11 holes after work
Can't say I enjoyed it
It's been a long break
But golf doesn't seem the same right now
Might just spend some time practicing, hitting balls, try and find the love again.....

Anybody else underwhelmed right now??

Im thinking Monday for us Scots, honestly not that bothered at the moment, probably a number of things, looking after kids 24/7, 99% chance of losing job, eating and drinking like a fish during lockdown, just don’t know ☹️

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
9 holes tomorrow, partner and time decided by the Club. However, 18 holes planned for Sunday, so hoping that tomorrows round will see be find a bit of a swing!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
About an hour and 10 minutes....
Getting a little fed up with just playing 9, it's over too quickly...fortunately we go back to 18 from Sunday

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played today for first time since lockdown, 1 over handicap Which I’m pleased about considering I’ve not practiced much and also with the new temporary layout. Need more time to find the feel around the greens though.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Minding my own business today, thrashing my PP for another £5. While stood beside the 10th tee, copped a ball on my back from out of nowhere just under my left Shoulder blade. Stung at the time but it walked off. Got home and know it’s smarting a tad.
Guy was a knob, no shout and wasn’t even bothered. Got the most tame of apologies once he showed his face around a green keepers hut. His shot was 60-70yrd left of his target. Face remembered, won’t be playing with him that’s for sure.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I feel bad complaining on this forum because I know all of my friends across the pond have not been able to play at all for months. I am glad to hear many of you are getting back out. Having said that two problems have come up here in Charlotte NC with my club. Due to closures and "working from home" my club has become so crowded that getting tee times is like getting concert tickets. We have an online system and times open one week in advance. Currently, the site opens at 8:00 AM and if you don't get into the system by 8:05AM all the slots are filled. Also, it's been raining heavily for the past two weeks. My group has a time for tomorrow, but we getting over two inches of rain today. I really don't want to play in a rice patty in the morning. This is so frustrating. Again, my apologies to you all who, I'm sure; have little sympathy for me.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Friday - 9.30am - can't wait - I'll play more golf in the next few months than I have in years. No professional football means I'm not at the side of a pitch with a camera, no travel means I'm not heading for America to watch and photograph grizzly bears, social distancing means I can't give my granddaughter a hug so a visit to her will be waving from the driveway So i've actually got time to get out on the course. I've played once since the football coaches golf day in pre-season to in Spain. I love playing golf (I'm rubbish but still love it) but I can easily switch off that desire to play when I've got other stuff I care about to do - at the moment there's nothing to get in the way of a few rounds. The rest of life will come back and take over my life at some point - in the meantime give me golf. Bring it on.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
A work trip just before lockdown kicked in means its three months today since I last played. Still no official word if courses here will open next week (or if our curfew will even end) but I have a tee booked for Wednesday in anticipation....