When do you think you will next play golf?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
A work trip just before lockdown kicked in means its three months today since I last played. Still no official word if courses here will open next week (or if our curfew will even end) but I have a tee booked for Wednesday in anticipation....

News overnight means its actually finally happening here
First course opening its doors tomorrow, I'm sure news confirming the rest will follow through today
It means that I'll definitely get to play somewhere in the next few days???

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I'll be out for 18 holes at 11.30am on Thursday morning weather permitting, temp tees and greens and mats I'd imagine. Forecast is 2° C, wind 16mph up to 28mph and chance of a shower at the start of my round. Looked out the winter golfing gear this morning, time off booked - can't wait.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If they go back to the Tiers from March then, depending on your tier, 1st or 2nd week of march i hope.....any longer and I might have to resort to killing something...:eek:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Listening to the ministers for this morning two commented that the earliest they see us come out of lockdown will be when the all of the groups 1to 4 have been vaccinated plus 3 weeks for the vaccine to work. So at best it looks like 2nd week of March.

I see from some tweets England Golf is still pushing for it to be earlier.

sunshine

Visit site
It seems somewhat ironic that the the weather is preventing golf in the parts of the country where golf is permitted, but golf is banned in the parts of the country with decent enough weather to open courses.

I think courses in England will reopen (at the earliest) in the last week of March.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It seems somewhat ironic that the the weather is preventing golf in the parts of the country where golf is permitted, but golf is banned in the parts of the country with decent enough weather to open courses.

I think courses in England will reopen (at the earliest) in the last week of March.
Yep I'm thinking end of March. Anything sooner would be a bonus. Hoping to go over to Ireland late March with 3 mates for a few days golf ?

Visit site
Sorry guys, us lucky buggers in Spain have been playing non stop since our (real) lockdown back in March/May

Wasn't allowed to leave our premises unless for food or chemists for 8 weeks. The good lady done the shopping, and I took the dog out once a day, and no further than 1 km from home.

I have signed all the petitions to the government to get you guys out playing ASAP.

Good luck, keep safe.