When do you think you will next play golf?

Mandofred

Visit site
It’s effectively 2 comps on a single day as each tee has its own Standard Scratch, encourages more participants, so a Medal Day to suit everyone.
So they split the people into two different comps? Not just div 1,2+3? Or is the division thing just on our course?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So they split the people into two different comps? Not just div 1,2+3? Or is the division thing just on our course?

No, you just enter either one as you would if you had no choice. 2 separate comps on 1 day on 1 course because the different tees have their own SSS.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It looks like no earlier than the 1st June. Durham County Golf Union website shows an update stating no golf until then. Hope I'm reading it wrong.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It looks like no earlier than the 1st June. Durham County Golf Union website shows an update stating no golf until then. Hope I'm reading it wrong.
I think what they're saying is that non or their organised events will be going ahead before June rather than no golf full stop.
Until Boris says his piece tonight, they know about as much as we do.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That is not an inviting tee shot!! :eek:

I stood to the right of the blocks to take the photo, if you’re a serial fader, good luck, it’s a toughie to be sure.

Whatever is in the bag you can hit straight, take it, and don’t worry about distance.

Some would say risk & reward, I’d say if your driver isn’t hot, go for reward all day long.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My home course (Coventry) is 6590 par 73 and is rated 139, your 235 is incorrect, what course is it and I’ll tell you what it is.

My away course (Woodhall Spa) has a slope ratings of 149 (yellows) and 159 ( whites) on the Hotchkin, so I’d say you might have fat fingers and you meant to type 135?
It is in fact 155 which is the maximum of the Slope range

so I’d say you might have fat fingers and you meant to type 155?
Seems you are both wrong Only the back 9 is 155. Front 9 is 149, so overall rating of 152

https://ncrdb.usga.org/courseTeeInfo.aspx?CourseID=21328

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Seems you are both wrong Only the back 9 is 155. Front 9 is 149, so overall rating of 152

https://ncrdb.usga.org/courseTeeInfo.aspx?CourseID=21328

You mean just like fish posted later in the thread.....

it is in fact 151 with the blue being slightly more at 152....?

Just 1 extra for the blues is madness, the whites back on the stones is tough enough, which is why on competition Medal days you can choose to play of the yellows or whites.
View attachment 30544

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Was planning on Las Colinas tomorrow, now seems we can't travel from our health district which is in Phase 1 to the course in the neighbouring health district (also phase 1)

I might have to make do with the pitch and putt round the corner.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Was planning on Las Colinas tomorrow, now seems we can't travel from our health district which is in Phase 1 to the course in the neighbouring health district (also phase 1)

I might have to make do with the pitch and putt round the corner.
There are plenty on here that would bite your hand off for that right now ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I’m liking the course photos better than the ‘Rona chat. Still think it'll be a while before I can go there with clubs, but here’s my course on Friday....

View attachment 30549

View attachment 30550

View attachment 30551

View attachment 30552
played here last Sept on our Jolly, the course the guys enjoyed the most, esp as M&E hadn't fked it too much unlike Bruntsfield. highlight was the birdie on the last when the rest of my group all thought my ball was gone off the tee;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yes I think the bunkering changes were a bit more restrained than Bruntsfield, I think. Although the other holes were done over the winter so you only saw half the changes. I have a few minor quibbles but mostly a big improvement.

does that mean they stuck a load of bunkers in the middle of the fairway on most holes at 230 to 250 off the medals tee's:unsure:??

thats what they have done at Nairn and Bruntsfield:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes, Mortonhall it is.
Ah! Memory not so bad then. First place I broke 80 (in 2001). Recognised the 18th more than the others. Course looks great (as ever), though last time I played there the haar was down so low on that hole with the pond that Drives disappeared! Nebs still a problem on the 4th? Played a match there once where both our 1st balls got stolen. I actually chased the guy through the trees and off the course, but wonfered what I'd do if I caught him!